Crappy Tires, what should I do? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Crappy Tires, what should I do?

Crappy Tires, what should I do?

Old 08-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Angry Crappy Tires, what should I do?

I usual do some research on this site or theg35spot.com or tirerack before I make a purchase. But I got a blown tire and I had to replace both rear tires. I went to a small local place and got Hercules WR-1 Raptis tires. The said they were better than the tires that I had(Nankings). Um I don't think so. These are the worst tires ever.

I took a small curve on dry pavement and the slip signal started coming on. In the rain they are even worse. The VDC goes crazy when I take any type of curve. I just got these tires. I can't replace them now. What should I do? Will they get better with time?
Old 08-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Obviously you don't care about your life but others may be able to sue you or your heirs!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:05 PM
's Avatar
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Not the best idea to mix/match brands on the car, especially in wet conditions. That's probably the majority of the issue. I would get something the same all around have it be two more of those or four of something else.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the reply. When I got the car it had different tires all around already. The problem is that they needed to be changed at different times. I have Falkens that are pretty good on the front its these rear tires that are killing me now. I recently replaced the front ones and I just got the back ones so I can't spend any more $$$ on tires.

I got a suggestion to let some air out of the rear tires to see if they grip better. Does that work?

I need other options besides replaces the back tires.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:38 PM
's Avatar
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Dropping the pressure won't really make it handle better but rather increase ride a little. Typically people will increase pressure to provide better steering response. I'm not sure where the pressures are now, but if you play with them, don't drop below the pressure recommended in the door/owners manual, don't exceed the tires max psi listed on the sidewall.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS[SoCal]: 19" Trafficstar STM 19x9.5 +32/ 19x10.5 +45 TwinTurboZ 19 Inch 2 09-26-2015 07:11 PM
FS[Texas]: 19" OEM Coupe Rays w/ TPMS, Center Caps and Tires JG_G35 19 Inch 14 09-19-2015 10:04 PM
FS[Canada]: G-Line 18" Black w/Chrome Lip with Tires + TPMS bananax Wheels & Tires CDN 0 09-10-2015 07:14 PM
g35 sedan rim and tire size (FI) philthethrilloh G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 0 09-09-2015 02:25 AM
socaldavid New Members Check In 1 09-05-2015 05:35 AM

Tags
cars, crappy, g35, good, hercules, herculesraptis, psi, rain, raptis, review, reviews, slip, tire, tires, wr1
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: