Oscillating Tire Vibration - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Oscillating Tire Vibration

Oscillating Tire Vibration

Old 06-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Oscillating Tire Vibration

Anyone ever experience an oscillating (few seconds vibration, few seconds smooth, etc.) at speeds of 75-80 mph? Lower speeds no problem (haven't tested > 80 mph). Just installed new Bridgestone SO3 19"'s on my coupe (245-35 F, 275-35 R) and would appreciate any info I might tell the installer before I have all wheels rebalanced. Thanks in advance...

Old 06-29-2004, 06:17 PM
Re: Oscillating Tire Vibration

did you install hubcentric rings? They should have come with the wheels and ensure that the wheels are perfectly centered.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:46 AM

Yeah, that's the 1st question I plan to ask my installer (America's Tire - same as Discount Tire). The installer showed me 2 of what I think he said were hub centric rings. However, I'm wondering whether there were 4 available because 2 center caps were missing - had to be re-ordered. Possibly same for the rings. Thanks for the reply!

John

Old 06-30-2004, 03:00 PM

You might want to have them do their "Ride match" balancing as well. I would get some vibration from timt to time as well. After the ride match, I had no problems.

<font color=blue>2003 Caribbean Blue Coupe
6MT Prem, Aero, Nav.</font color=blue>[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2004, 05:07 PM

Never heard of the Ride Match program. What do they do? BTW, I did go to Americas Tire this AM and sure enough, NO HUB CENTRIC RINGS!!! They're installed now, and they rebalanced the fronts (also fixed a slight leak at the bead on one tire). Driving back to work I got close to 80 mph but couldn't sustain due to traffic. Seems OK but I need to check again. If there's still a problem I'll ask about Ride Match.

I also looked at their balancing equipment and they have the Hunter 9700 Road Force system, which from what I've researched here and elsewhere is the best system out there. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully my problems are done with.

Old 07-10-2004, 01:58 PM

The Ride Match is were they balance the tire to the wheel before they go ahead and put the balancing weights on the wheel. Appearently this gives a more precise balancing and less chance of vibrations. I had some work done to a wheel that had been scratched and then they balanced the tire, then I had the wheel rebalanced at Americas tire because the body shop that fixed the wheel didn't balance it right.

<font color=blue>2003 Caribbean Blue Coupe
6MT Prem, Aero, Nav.</font color=blue>[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2004, 03:14 PM

I asked the guys at America's Tire about Ride Match. $15/wheel. Infiniti also recommended I go for it if I still have a vibration (I do - starts in the low 70's mph). Hope it solves the problem. Apparently the rings didn't.