Silver Enkei RPF1 or SSR SP1 with SBC finish? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Silver Enkei RPF1 or SSR SP1 with SBC finish?


Silver Enkei RPF1 or SSR SP1 with SBC finish?

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
Join Date: Aug 2004
location: Dallastown, PA
Posts: 1,372
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Silver Enkei RPF1 or SSR SP1 with SBC finish?

I have a BS 05 coupe and I am looking for a second set of wheels. Like car to look clean. I already have a set of G-Games 99B in shining silver. I am also only looking to spend about $3K for wheels with tires. Should I go for light weight performance and racy looks with the Enkei or more showy looks with the SSR's? I do not like chrome wheels on this car and that is my only concern with the SBC finish. Is it too blingy? Can't beat the weight of those Enkei's. Both are available through Tirerack at good prices. I did not post pics of these wheels since most of us are already familiar with these. Please post your opinions good or bad and if you have any other suggestions. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:30 PM
redlude97's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (25)
Join Date: Feb 2006
location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
I would normally say the SSR's because thats what I have, but the offset and widths tirerack carries are pretty wimpy. You'll end up with a smallish lip with sunken wheels. So if the offsets on the enkei's are better get those instead
Old 07-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
Join Date: Aug 2004
location: Dallastown, PA
Posts: 1,372
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97
I would normally say the SSR's because thats what I have, but the offset and widths tirerack carries are pretty wimpy. You'll end up with a smallish lip with sunken wheels. So if the offsets on the enkei's are better get those instead

Enkei's are 19x8.5 +22 and 19x10 +22, but no real lip. SSR's are 19x9 +31 and 19x10 +37. Tirerack measured actual lips on these 54mm F and 92mm R which is not too bad. Big selling point for Enkei's is the light weight performance. The SSR's have the better looks. I would use 15mm spacer in rear with SSR's.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:57 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com
iTrader: (47)
Join Date: Sep 2005
location: San Diego/Redondo Beach
Posts: 9,257
Thanked 135 Times in 92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG35R
I have a BS 05 coupe and I am looking for a second set of wheels. Like car to look clean. I already have a set of G-Games 99B in shining silver. I am also only looking to spend about $3K for wheels with tires. Should I go for light weight performance and racy looks with the Enkei or more showy looks with the SSR's? I do not like chrome wheels on this car and that is my only concern with the SBC finish. Is it too blingy? Can't beat the weight of those Enkei's. Both are available through Tirerack at good prices. I did not post pics of these wheels since most of us are already familiar with these. Please post your opinions good or bad and if you have any other suggestions. Thanks.

The SSR's arent available at TireRack anymore, they say they're in stock but when you go to check out, they say they are out, and since SSR is discontinued, they will not get them in anymore.

So that makes your choice quite easy.
-GP-
Old 07-25-2007, 04:47 PM
redlude97's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (25)
Join Date: Feb 2006
location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
The SSR's arent available at TireRack anymore, they say they're in stock but when you go to check out, they say they are out, and since SSR is discontinued, they will not get them in anymore.

So that makes your choice quite easy.
-GP-
SSR's are not discontinued, they can still be purchased through importers such as Z1 or Gruppe-S. They are owned by tanabe now. The offsets you can get from Japan are also much better, and go up to a 5" lip.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
Join Date: Aug 2004
location: Dallastown, PA
Posts: 1,372
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
The SSR's arent available at TireRack anymore, they say they're in stock but when you go to check out, they say they are out, and since SSR is discontinued, they will not get them in anymore.

So that makes your choice quite easy.
-GP-
The sales guy I have spoken to has said they still have some on closeout in the sizes I mentioned in the SBC finish. $399 a piece! Which makes them very attractive. Not a huge lip, but with spacers in rear, this is still a very good looking wheel. Enkei not as sexy...more racy.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
Join Date: Aug 2004
location: Dallastown, PA
Posts: 1,372
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97
SSR's are not discontinued, they can still be purchased through importers such as Z1 or Gruppe-S. They are owned by tanabe now. The offsets you can get from Japan are also much better, and go up to a 5" lip.
Gruppe-s has them, but they are twice the price.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:45 PM
redlude97's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (25)
Join Date: Feb 2006
location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG35R
Gruppe-s has them, but they are twice the price.
Twice the price, but availabe in all the offsets, widths, and colors that SSR has. Tirerack only has a select few conservative offsets and colors. Your choice on which ones to run
Old 07-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
Join Date: Aug 2004
location: Dallastown, PA
Posts: 1,372
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
I appreciate the comments, but if you had the choice between the two as they are, which would you choose and why. Just looking for opinions. Help me out. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (151)
Join Date: Aug 2003
location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 7,288
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SSR's
Old 08-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2006
location: H-town / Tejas
Posts: 246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SSR's ftw

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: **G35 Twin Turbo** g.spot G35 Cars 12 05-09-2016 11:54 PM
David's IP G35 Coupe davizzle Picture Share 14 04-26-2016 07:10 PM
David's 2007 G35 Coupe Build Thread davizzle Media Share G35 Coupe V35 18 12-13-2015 01:47 PM
04 G35 Hello! KruZZe New Members Check In 5 10-11-2015 12:17 PM
SSR Coffin Manifold and NWP throttle body Usman Ali G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 8 10-04-2015 09:23 PM


Tags
ap1, car, catalog, chrome, discontinued, enkei, finish, lips, rpf1, sbc, silver, sp1, sp1r, ssr, weight, wheels
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, panoramic-3d.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


nissan skyline classifiedsbattery for infiniti m35 key fobpolk momo subwooferturbo g37 sedanwhat does white smoke coming from exhaust meanprincess auto breaker bar2004 infiniti g35 aux inputbolt patterns for carsg35 coupe grilldave and busters farmingdalesanta cruz vp free for salemr lube calgary pricesavant garde f140homemade coil spring compressorrebuilding brembo brake calipershawain tropic girls2000 infiniti g20 touringwhere is the vct solenoid locatedinfiniti oakvilleurethane bushings squeaklowering shocks and strutsslim ps2 power cordcarb legal stickerbuddy club racing spec coiloverscraftsman jack standheadlight assembly replacement costnissan race shopextended lug nuts 12x1 5airrex suspension pricewheels for g35infiniti g37 rotorsmass window tint lawspower pup programmerhow to install crush washerdura lube fuel system cleaner reviewaerosport bagsreplacement headlight lens coverdynamat reviewsinch pound torque wrench searsinfiniti g35x 2005nitto invoslegendary motorcar company ltdracing hart cr wheelsg25 infiniti specsg37x twin turbowhat does it mean when the car shakes while drivinggod speed wheelsrc drift car bodysinfiniti m45 forumocinfinitifront sway bar links costg35 edmundsinfiniti 35gtint film for tail lightssylvania lamp replacement guidexxr 526 blackevo x bbs wheels2013 g37s specshtc incredible 5symptoms of a bad maf sensorgiggy pigzapco dc 500.1chp 11-99 foundation license plate frameiforged wheels saleremoving wheel weightsxxr 527 18x8 75 20gtr hoodautozone ball jointsobx mufflersfalken fk 452 reviewsrocking seatexedy pressure platecoolant bleeder