MagnaFlow resonator replacement only? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • MagnaFlow resonator replacement only?

MagnaFlow resonator replacement only?

Old 09-29-2008, 12:48 PM
MagnaFlow resonator replacement only?

I must be search challenged....I thought there was a thread awhile back that discussed replacing the stock resonator with a Magnaflow. Anybody have any experience with this? I know just removing resonator sounds horrible...too raspy for me. Any input would be much appreciated.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:00 PM
I haven't read one where they just replaced the resonator but sredish did do a magnaflow resonator and mufflers. I'm sure he'll chime in or something. I'm thinking of possibly just doing magnaflow mufflers.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:13 PM
there was one dood who changed out his oem resonator off his 06 sedan and put a magnaflow resonator/muffler in place of it. was it that thread?
Old 09-29-2008, 01:26 PM
here's what I used,

but the thing is, the stock piping is 1.5" or something like that. it's small, so to use that resonator, you'd be going from 1.5" to 2.25" back to 1.* after the resonator. The stock Y pipe is the holdup. So, if you were to use this setup, i'd have a muffler shop install this resonator using 2.25" pipe from the cat flange to the resonator then whatever you want there; probably stepping back down into the exhaust pipe.

another alternative is to use some smaller dual bullet mufflers more matched to the car's pipe diameter. I'd still come all the way back from the cat flange to eliminate the stock y-pipe.

It's a 1.75" in/out single, it's outside dia. is 3.5" so it'll fit good with two in there, similar to stock mounting.

Last edited by sredish; 09-29-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:23 PM
thanks sredish....I love the way your car sounds btw! I'm just looking for a low buck way to make it sound a little more aggressive. I'm going to look into the options you suggested. Thanks again!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:33 PM
thanks. and i think the car has gotten just a smidge louder since they've broken in. but, i do like the way it sounds, makes it hard to keep my foot out of it... lol