OEM Sport Wheel touch up paint - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • OEM Sport Wheel touch up paint

OEM Sport Wheel touch up paint

Old 05-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Cool OEM Sport Wheel touch up paint

FYI...

I found some touch up paint for the stock wheels that matches perfectly.

Dupli-Color - Part # DSFM236, Silver Charcoal Metallic

My car had one wheel that had some curb rash when I bought it.

I cleaned the wheel, took a sanding block and smoothed it out, placed playing cards around the edge to protect the tire, and sprayed it.

Sorry...I didn't take any pics.....and now there is nothing to see, as it looks perfect.

T
Old 05-31-2010, 07:11 PM
Where'd you get the paint? i just got rims placed on my G35 and now need to sell the sport rims and the rears have some road rash. Glad to hear it sounds that good although Im curious to see the pic after as well. How did you handle the overspray on the other part of the rim? Did you need to prime? thanks!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:09 PM
I used the same paint to touch up my wheels, I just taped up the tire and after sanding and some body filler and some more sanding I just went to town with the paint, didn't worry about the overspray because the color had to be blended in, just painted it all, look good.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:12 PM
what's the stock color or the wheels? Hypersilver?
Old 06-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Cool

Local Advanced auto parts store.

There is nothing to see in the after pic. It looks perfect, just like a new wheel.

I feathered the spray and there is on overspray visible. The paint seems to match perfectly. You have to apply several very light coats or the metallic will run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandinadawg View Post
Where'd you get the paint? i just got rims placed on my G35 and now need to sell the sport rims and the rears have some road rash. Glad to hear it sounds that good although Im curious to see the pic after as well. How did you handle the overspray on the other part of the rim? Did you need to prime? thanks!
Old 08-01-2010, 11:48 AM
I did 3 of my wheels as the tire shops around here are brutal on them.
I hit them first with my oscilating sander 120/220 grit.
Then used the playing cards tucked in between the tire/wheel at an angle all the way around.
Then lightly coat them with the duplicolor silver charcol metalic paint. Which is a different part number now bfm0236 It is a ford color code 1q.

The color is nearly perfect. I can hardly tell the difference in color, and unless somebody watched you do the repair, they would never even guess that there is a color difference.

You have to spray very light coats, in fact even after 3 passes I could still see the raw wheel color underneath. The 4th pass usually did the full conceal.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:55 PM
I seem to remember hearing somewhere that there were two different color rims for our cars. Anyone else hear that? If so, which rim color does this paint match?
Old 08-07-2010, 10:05 PM
^^^ never heard about that!