Which bluetooth OBDII scanner works? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Which bluetooth OBDII scanner works?

Which bluetooth OBDII scanner works?

Old 02-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Which bluetooth OBDII scanner works?

Hi,
I want to purchase a bluetooth OBDII scanner for use with my 2005 6MT Coupe (to scan for codes, check O2 sensors, etc.)

There are a few available on eBay including ebay item (a search will quickly find it).

The problem is is that their online compatibility checker (same ebay page) states that it's not compatible with the G35 but an email from them states the opposite. Has has anyone successfully used this with a 2005 Infiniti G35? I'm open to alternatives as long as the cost is reasonable. I'd prefer a US seller and bluetooth connectivity so I can use it with my Android phone.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:53 PM
that one is fine. AS long as it says it reads CAN you are good.

they are all the same from China.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8dum1 View Post
that one is fine. AS long as it says it reads CAN you are good.

they are all the same from China.

This does not appear to be the case. I just received an ELM327 bluetooth OBDII interface which I purchased through Amazon

and while it works with my 2010 Vibe, it's not working with the G35. It connects to Torque (Android OBDii program) but it just keeps stating that it's "identifying protocol".

Anyone know of one that's confirmed to work with a 2005 G35 or close to it?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:41 PM
/ /> this is the one i purchased about a month ago, still waiting for it to come in.....but my boy had bought the exact same one, as well as the torque app (android) for his evo x (before he purchased the evo scan) and it worked with my 05 DG 6MT just fine (which is why i purchased it)...once i receive it, i will post again if it works or not, therefore it will be two confirmed cases of it working....
Old 02-19-2011, 09:18 PM
I played around a bit more with the one that I had. For some reason after all those failed attempts it started working with the G35! I have no idea why it didn't work before and what "fixed" it but hopefully it will remain operational. Now it would be nice to get all the Inifiniti/Nisssan specific PIDS so we can get everything to show up properly.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:41 AM
Any updates on a good and reliable OBDii w/ bluetooth for the G35?
Old 12-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Mr.202?
I got

works perfectly with my Car and the Android App Torque
Old 12-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpackdl90 View Post

this is the one i purchased about a month ago, still waiting for it to come in.....but my boy had bought the exact same one, as well as the torque app (android) for his evo x (before he purchased the evo scan) and it worked with my 05 DG 6MT just fine (which is why i purchased it)...once i receive it, i will post again if it works or not, therefore it will be two confirmed cases of it working....
This works with my 08 G35 and Torque on the touchpad and htc evo.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno_san View Post
Hi,
I want to purchase a bluetooth OBDII scanner for use with my 2005 6MT Coupe (to scan for codes, check O2 sensors, etc.)

There are a few available on eBay including ebay item (a search will quickly find it).

The problem is is that their online compatibility checker (same ebay page) states that it's not compatible with the G35 but an email from them states the opposite. Has has anyone successfully used this with a 2005 Infiniti G35? I'm open to alternatives as long as the cost is reasonable. I'd prefer a US seller and bluetooth connectivity so I can use it with my Android phone.
I thought I'd still chime in here as well. Based on numerous reviews, I spent good money and picked up the PLX Devices Kiwi Bluetooth Wireless Trip Computer and OBDII Scanner found
on Amazon. I then ended up buying the pay version of Torque through the Android Market.

I'm in an '08 G35X using Torque on my DInc with the video out to the stock display and so far am very happy with it. I'm still playing with Torque itself but it appears extremely informative and of course automatically having it t rack your 0-60 times is also a bonus! One nice little feature is that the PLX BT adapter has an on/off switch meaning you can leave it in your car permanently.

PLX also has a for everything from troubleshooting to themes

I hope to have some screen caps up soon.

Last edited by SIGS; 12-30-2011 at 12:32 PM.