Code p0456 (evap very small leak) - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Code p0456 (evap very small leak)

Code p0456 (evap very small leak)

Old 04-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Code p0456 (evap very small leak)

So I got a 03 coupe 6mt, and engine light came on. This code p0456 (evap very small leak) was stored.
So I thought maybe was because I filled it up w/ the engine running, I cleared it and now it's there again.
I did some research and it came out to be a tsb#3020
But I can't access the tsb to see how to fix the problem...
Does anybody have any ideas ? Or had the same problem ?
Any help will be greatly appreciated !
Old 07-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Testing for this problem would require a smoke machine to locate the leak the TSB's for evap leaks are always "If you find a leak at......" Its better at the dealership because we have our scanners that can pop up a scale that shows us if your leaking or holding pressure (in case ur gas cap was at fault) but seeing how you re-tightened and cleared it it must be something else. The common thing we replace is the evap purge solenoid at the canister and a tsb common to go with it is a filter kit added to that solenoid to keep it from getting dirty and stuck open again...
Old 01-18-2012, 11:09 AM
I had this code pop up on my g/f's Pacifica. Had it smoke tested for $60, then did the work myself. There was a hose running between the dual pickups in the saddle-style gas tank, and the plastic nipple in clamped to on one of the structures was cracked (hose was about 1/8" too short from the factory, IMHO, stressing the nipple with a 90 degree connection, eventually leading to the crack). The only purpose of the hose was for fuel vapor passage. Had to drop the exhaust, and then the tank to get to it. New fuel pickup parts to replace the plastic structure were $270+, and the labor they wanted was $250 just to drop the tank. Surely it would have been another hour+ to replace the parts and reassemble. I was able to take off the nipple and replace it with fuel-system grade fittings, and replace the hose with an appropriately sized fuel line. Reinstalled the tank, cleared the code, and it has yet to come back.

We'll be dumping that Pacifica before we have to worry about my repair ever failing, so I'm delighted I was able to save ~$600+ doing it myself. That smoke test was invaluable, though, so that should probably be your next stop after visually inspecting the entire EVAP system for visible cracks or failures. It may not be very obvious though if it's the "very small" leak.