06-07 G35 Coupe headlight recall - Page 4 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • 06-07 G35 Coupe headlight recall

06-07 G35 Coupe headlight recall

Old 03-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Oh, I found this Recall on the FX, which has the exact description as the recall on the G35's:

REMEMBER, THIS IS FOR AN FX, AND NOT THE G35. ALTHOUGH THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS/DESCRIPTION.

Recall Date : Dec 15, 2006
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 106,484 Read Full
Recall Notice

Summary:
Nissan has determined that on some model Year 2003-2006 Infiniti FX35/45 vehicles, the headlamps fail to comply with certain requirements set forth in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108.
Consequence:
The standard specifies, among other things, the performance requirements for headlamps in passenger vehicles. One of these requirements specifies the vertical gradient values for headlamps. Another specifies minimum and maximum light intensity of headlamps at certain test points. The headlamps in the vehicles subject to this TSB may not meet these requirements. This means that the headlamp aim may be difficult to adjust. Also, the headlamps may be too bright or too dim when viewed at certain angles. Reduced visibility increases the risk of the vehicle being involved in a crash. Increased brightness and improper aiming of headlamps can increase glare.

Remedy:
To correct this condition, Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Recall Campaign to replace the existing headlamps with new and compliant lamps free of charge.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:01 PM
just called the infiniti dealership and talked to the service guy and he knew about it so imma bring the car in this saturday for them to look at it
Old 03-14-2007, 01:48 PM
let us know if they change it for you and if there is any difference from the 1st gen projector to the 2nd gen one...

and also could you ask if all the headlights..even ones purchased from the service department are under the warranty and recall?
Old 03-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterp7
and also could you ask if all the headlights..even ones purchased from the service department are under the warranty and recall?
And when you ask, have the Infiniti Warranty Booklet with you, opened to pg 18... And if he says no, ask them to explain how/why it's not covered.

(I did a similar thing with our TL, when they tried to void the warranty on our tranny, but needless to say, they re-instated my warranty)
Old 03-14-2007, 05:34 PM
alright, ill ask for you guys
Old 03-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Well, I just gave them a quick call too and they said it has to do with the car's VIN #. So, I wonder how they would even check for us guys who bought our Headlights after the fact? I didn't push it since I didn't know what the difference is yet. I'll wait until we hear from you and see what is the difference. Like someone else said, they have to warranty the headlights and if they gave us lip, I'll just push the handbook and then the old "I'll just call the 1800 number of NHTSB that was included in the recall and tell them you won't even check my headlights for defects"
Old 03-17-2007, 12:31 PM
so i went to the dealer this morning...came in, and my service guy told me that the recall is actually for th FX, then i tell him that there's one for the 06 coupes too. He told me he didn't hear anything about the coupes and that it was only for the FX. So i told him that i saw it on the forums and they have the recall number and so on.....then he says " dont listen to them, they dont know anything"....i look at him and said "OK!!!!!!!, just give it a few weeks, you'll hear about it".....he calls me back after i left the car for oil change and rattle problems, 5 mins after i left "yeah it just popped up into my computers, we're going to order a bunch of headlight housings and ill set you up next time you come in"

dumbass guy didnt believe me....and i forgot to ask for you people that bought the headlights, didnt remember that until i left, sorry!
Old 03-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Was this Richard? I wonder if they are gonna change the housing or re-aim the projectors. I have clear bra on both my headlights, I dont wanna pay to install them again!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:20 PM
dang...someone needs to verify for the 06+ projector purchasers
Old 04-06-2007, 02:40 PM
^bump
Old 04-19-2007, 04:48 AM
Make / Models : Model/Build Years:
INFINITI / G35 COUPE 2006-2007
Recall Number: 06V394000
Summary:
CERTAIN VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE ‘VERTICAL GRADIENT’ AND ‘HEADLAMP PHOTOMETRIC VALUES’ REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, 'LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT.'
Consequence:
THIS STANDARD IS TO REDUCE CRASHES, INJURIES AND DEATHS BY PROVIDING ADEQUATE ILLUMINATION OF THE ROADWAY, AND BY ENHANCING THE CONSPICUITY OF MOTOR VEHICLES ON THE PUBLIC ROADS SO THAT THEIR PRESENCE IS PERCEIVED AND THEIR SIGNALS UNDERSTOOD, BOTH IN DAYLIGHT AND IN DARKNESS OR OTHER CONDITIONS OF REDUCED VISIBILITY.

Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE HEADLAMP ASSEMBLIES. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR ABOUT APRIL 16, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT INFINITI AT .

So has anyone had this done yet? Is lighting any better or worse?
Old 04-21-2007, 06:48 AM
Well my dealer just called me today to schedule my car in for the recall.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Former panoramic-3d.ru Vendor
anyone else called or got this replaced?
Old 04-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goods
Make / Models : Model/Build Years:
INFINITI / G35 COUPE 2006-2007
Recall Number: 06V394000
Summary:
CERTAIN VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE ‘VERTICAL GRADIENT’ AND ‘HEADLAMP PHOTOMETRIC VALUES’ REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, 'LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT.'
Consequence:
THIS STANDARD IS TO REDUCE CRASHES, INJURIES AND DEATHS BY PROVIDING ADEQUATE ILLUMINATION OF THE ROADWAY, AND BY ENHANCING THE CONSPICUITY OF MOTOR VEHICLES ON THE PUBLIC ROADS SO THAT THEIR PRESENCE IS PERCEIVED AND THEIR SIGNALS UNDERSTOOD, BOTH IN DAYLIGHT AND IN DARKNESS OR OTHER CONDITIONS OF REDUCED VISIBILITY.

Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE HEADLAMP ASSEMBLIES. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR ABOUT APRIL 16, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT INFINITI AT .

So has anyone had this done yet? Is lighting any better or worse?
i just did the recall...the lighting is not noticeably brighter but to some extent it is. I dont know if its worth the hassle though because its not a monumental difference. They messed up on the alignment of the headlight housings now one light points to the sky while the other is normal, sigh stupid infiniti.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Im scheduled to go in to get them replaced on wed.

funny cuz I was in there bitching about them starting to get cloudy today and then the service rep says it happens to every single car. I asked him if thats true then shouldnt infiniti acknowledge it and do something about it? he said I dont know why dont you call them, being a total smartass.

so I said fine I will call right now and I went up to the receptionist to get their number and she said "I dont understand the big deal there is a recall on your healights right here".....so she gave me a copy of the notice and they scheduled me for wed. to get brand new headlights put in

Is the difference better? or are they not as bright now? My friend said what if they arent as bright after they fix them so now I'm not sure if I should go in ....