CHP speeding ticket .... - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • CHP speeding ticket ....


CHP speeding ticket ....

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-13-2005, 02:02 AM
E_K E_K is offline
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
Join Date: Aug 2003
location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Posts: 1,844
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
CHP speeding ticket ....

.... and a few months later, it's overturned, thanks to a successful trial by declaration.

I basically did what one forum member had suggested, which was to put the burden of proof on the officer. He probably didn't turn in his statement.

background:
I'm going 65 in the fast lane on the 405, with 4 cars in front of me. I change a lane to the right, since I'm going to have to get on the 10 W to get to work. The guy pops me for going 80 MPH. Even though I'm sure I wasn't doing 80. I figure that he just threw that 80 number out there. So I made him try to prove in court that I really was going exactly 80 MPH.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:48 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: May 2005
location: 909/626 California
Posts: 1,770
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have to send in my decleration in too. What exactly did you write in yours?

In my situation, I was just getting on the freeway, 57 north and he busted me for speeding within that first mile. However, I was somewhat speeding in order to merge into the flow of traffic. The cop issued the ticket to me but didnt write down how fast I was going, nor did he verbally tell me. He just said I was speeding and wrote me the ticket and left. Could I get out of the ticket because he never wrote down, or told me how fast I was going?
Old 08-13-2005, 04:00 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Apr 2003
location: Kalifornia
Posts: 3,165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If the officer did not write down how fast you were going, then he just handed you a get out of traffic ticket free card.

Pls check real carefully to make sure, though.

Also, check to see if you were cited for 22350 or 22351. There could be extenuating circumstances that the stupid court arbitrator (wanna be judge) may over look and it it will be up to you to tell him/her that they are incorrectly interpreting the law.

If you need any help, let me know... cheers, Ted
Old 08-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: May 2005
location: 909/626 California
Posts: 1,770
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTed
If the officer did not write down how fast you were going, then he just handed you a get out of traffic ticket free card.

Pls check real carefully to make sure, though.

Also, check to see if you were cited for 22350 or 22351. There could be extenuating circumstances that the stupid court arbitrator (wanna be judge) may over look and it it will be up to you to tell him/her that they are incorrectly interpreting the law.

If you need any help, let me know... cheers, Ted
Unfortunately for me... he cited me with 22349(a).

On the ticket, there are three boxes under the violation part that describes the speeds.

In order, it says:
Speed Approx. = 60
P.F./Max Spd. = 65
Veh Lmt. = (he left it blank)

Also, I'm pretty sure he didnt clock me using a gun. I dont think there would have been enough time, or distance for him to do that and catch up to me that fast. And didnt these tickets used to say what method they used to clock our speeds?... or is that sherrif and not CHP?
Old 08-13-2005, 01:37 PM
E_K E_K is offline
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
Join Date: Aug 2003
location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Posts: 1,844
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
You guys got me curious, so I looked back at the original ticket. I was cited for 22349(a): exceeding 65 MPH, maximum speed limit, wet roadway conditions. Speed approx: 80.

Which was also silly, since it wasn't raining, and the freeways were dry from all the car engines running on them. It was an overcast morning, but that does not equal a wet road.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2004
location: O.C.
Posts: 1,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
I have to send in my decleration in too. What exactly did you write in yours?
"I was not speeding. The officer's radar/laser/speedometer (depending how he popped you) was malfunctioning."

Whatever you do, don't ever admit guilt.
Just incase you don't believe me or anyone wants to question my methods, I've beaten five consecutive tickets.

Congrats E_K.
One thing I want to add after you have defeated your ticket Albert.
Make sure you keep your not guilty notice. You may have to follow up with the DMV and show them that you weren't convicted of the ticket.
The court doesn't seem to update the DMV about this at all.

My experiences show that my insurance company wanted to raise my rates because on paper it shows that I admitted guilt by cutting a check when I was sending it along with my written dec.

Good luck guys.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Former panoramic-3d.ru Vendor
iTrader: (93)
Join Date: Sep 2004
location: So. Cali - Rowland Hts
Posts: 9,524
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
another thing u guys can do... like if your going to vegas or something and get caught.. when the officer is issuing u a speeding ticket ask for the court to be in YOUR county and fight the ticket.. most likely the cop will not show up.. (theres a term for this i forgot it tho..) BUT be ready tho when you do ask that the cop will give you a hard time for it and might not even give it to you but by law they have to so just tell the court if they do not.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:24 PM
E_K E_K is offline
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
Join Date: Aug 2003
location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Posts: 1,844
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Dizz. Fortunately, I keep all these records, and I always write down when I called people, and what was said. Maybe it's that medical training, where you get into the habit of documenting every single thing that happens to try and protect yourself.

Last time when Cingular tried to bill me for cell phone service after the date that it was supposed to be cancelled, I blasted them with all my records showing that I had called several times, who I talked to, and all the guarantees that they gave me that the phone would be cancelled by the date that I specified. I think I overwhelmed them.

I used to try and argue or come up with excuses with the CHP, now I just take the ticket and challenge it later. I figure that the less things stick in their minds about the ticket, the more likely they're going to forget the specifics.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:53 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2004
location: O.C.
Posts: 1,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_K
I figure that the less things stick in their minds about the ticket, the more likely they're going to forget the specifics.
That is correct Dr.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:47 AM
Nickk6's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Jan 2005
location: Laguna Niguel, CA
Posts: 1,936
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I used your method Dizz...still waiting to hear back.

Just hand wrote all my information on a piece of white paper, said "I was not speeding and I am not guilty" and requested for my trial by written declaration.

Hopefully it works
Old 08-16-2005, 03:25 AM
NismoV35's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Feb 2003
location: Los Angeles, National Socialist Democratic Republic of Facistfornia
Posts: 2,458
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
another thing u guys can do... like if your going to vegas or something and get caught.. when the officer is issuing u a speeding ticket ask for the court to be in YOUR county and fight the ticket.. most likely the cop will not show up.. (theres a term for this i forgot it tho..) BUT be ready tho when you do ask that the cop will give you a hard time for it and might not even give it to you but by law they have to so just tell the court if they do not.
It's Called "Change Of Venue"
Old 08-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Apr 2003
location: Kalifornia
Posts: 3,165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
Unfortunately for me... he cited me with 22349(a).

On the ticket, there are three boxes under the violation part that describes the speeds.

In order, it says:
Speed Approx. = 60
P.F./Max Spd. = 65
Veh Lmt. = (he left it blank)
Silverbolt...22349a

(a) Except as provided in Section 22356{*}, no person may drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than 65 miles per hour

*vc22356: except for areas posted at 70mph

your speed was 60, right? The max speed was 65, right? By his own documentation, you were not speeding, but joining traffic at 60mph.. which in your estimation was a safe speed to do so. Since the officer did not use a calculated device to confirm your speed, and his estimation puts you within the legal speed limit, and you were not cited for 22350 (which could get you for going too SLOW), there is no case or cause for you to be deemed guilty.

Declare NOT GUILTY and get this off your record. Make sure to get some pics of the area... signs leading up to the ticket, where he lit you up, and where you pulled over. Put these pics on a paper, in chrono order. Then provide a map with arrows showing where each picture was taken in correlation to the others.

Cheers, Ted

VC 22349:
VC 22356:
VC 22350:
Old 08-17-2005, 03:55 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: May 2005
location: 909/626 California
Posts: 1,770
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTed
Silverbolt...22349a

(a) Except as provided in Section 22356{*}, no person may drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than 65 miles per hour

*vc22356: except for areas posted at 70mph

your speed was 60, right? The max speed was 65, right? By his own documentation, you were not speeding, but joining traffic at 60mph.. which in your estimation was a safe speed to do so. Since the officer did not use a calculated device to confirm your speed, and his estimation puts you within the legal speed limit, and you were not cited for 22350 (which could get you for going too SLOW), there is no case or cause for you to be deemed guilty.

Declare NOT GUILTY and get this off your record. Make sure to get some pics of the area... signs leading up to the ticket, where he lit you up, and where you pulled over. Put these pics on a paper, in chrono order. Then provide a map with arrows showing where each picture was taken in correlation to the others.

Cheers, Ted

VC 22349:
VC 22356:
VC 22350:
Ted... All I gotta say is... I love you, man
Old 08-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2003
location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 557
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cops write the equivalent of false reports a lot.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_K
You guys got me curious, so I looked back at the original ticket. I was cited for 22349(a): exceeding 65 MPH, maximum speed limit, wet roadway conditions. Speed approx: 80.

Which was also silly, since it wasn't raining, and the freeways were dry from all the car engines running on them. It was an overcast morning, but that does not equal a wet road.
They have stock statements they put in tickets, reports, etc in order to justify their stop, detention, arrest, etc.

For instance, I have never seen a DUI arrest report that does not state that the officer observes the smell of alcohol on the persons breath, observes slurred speach and wattery/bloodshot eyes. Every single one. And I have reviewed at least 500. How can these elements be present in every single case? How do people who have just been drinking not know to chew some gum or take a breath mint? Are these elements present if the detainee has .07% BAC, .30% BAC, .15% BAC? Of course many of these reports are pure bull-crap and the officer is just using "stock" statements in order to justify why he starts a FST on the arrestee.

So this idea of a wet road is simply the way the officer was writting his tickets all night and a way of making the reason for stopping you a little stronger.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Apr 2003
location: Kalifornia
Posts: 3,165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^^Yup...that's why I always suggest to print out the weather.com or CNN weather page for that zip code as soon as you get home. Shows precipitation, humidity and temp. Taking pixes immediately will also show the lack of moisture, fog, pedestrians or the state of traffic.

Sometimes police are just trolling because of the ride. They don't like to admit when they are wrong, so I have noticed that some tickets have "loop-holes" built into them if they really didn't mean to give you the ticket.

Other times the officer is just not paying attention to details and his afternoon speed trapeze work is getting old and redundant.

-Ted

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
04 G35 Hello! KruZZe New Members Check In 5 10-11-2015 12:17 PM
What causes wobble? aaron3719 Wheels & Tires 1 09-29-2015 11:12 AM
$90 Streets of Willow October 10-11 2015 joel extreme SOCAL Meetings & Events 0 09-29-2015 05:44 AM
Hot Import Nights - Tampa November 14th! wayneside SouthEast 0 09-23-2015 07:38 AM
wayneside NorthWest 0 09-23-2015 07:24 AM


Tags
22349a, 65, box, chp, declaration, exceeding, max, pf, policy, radar, slow, spd, speeding, ticket, traffic, trial
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, panoramic-3d.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


canadian tire torque wrench saleinch pounds torque wrenchignition coil pack problemschroming rimsstich wheelsrsx rim350z clubwolfgang fuzion reviewgeneral exclaiminfiniti g35 oiloffsets rimselement wheels az5th generation maximaviper window modulecustom trunk layouts370z turbo kit2jz swap kitengine enamel on wheelsaerospace 303 on tiresused 350z coilovershow much for a dyno tunep0507 nissan altimatilton clutch master cylinder2 ohm speakers 6.5sears low profile floor jackbuy brembo brake padspo152 codemakeup mirror light bulb replacementg37 service manual370z shift knobshow to stop rack and pinion leakwheels leasing canadaonstar installationflip flop trunkhow to reset viper car alarmfast foresterame fs 01menzerna si 1500leaking rear main sealgoodyear tires las vegas nvhow to turn off the tpms lightgexp920xmsymptoms of bad cam sensorawd g35g35 sedan exhaustprincess auto nsremote mount turbo kitslotted rotors directionborla true dual exhaustturning slotted rotorssteering wheel squeaksp2135 throttle position sensorradiator air bleed valve2003 maxima modsweighted shift knob benefitscar overheats when idlinginfiniti fx35 fuel economyhow to tint rear window with defrosterthrottle sensor problemgreddy intelligent informeterkenwood ddx7015rolling fenders diynismo lmgt4pioneer avic manualdoes the spare tire have a pressure sensorfiberglass subwoofer boxeshow to get water spots off chrome rims350z roof rackg35 sedan wheels2007 nissan maxima timing chainsylvania headlight bulb guideinfiniti skyline g35maaco prices for paint jobwindow tint laws mnpainting brembo calipers