The Greengoblin build thread - Page 11 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • The Greengoblin build thread

The Greengoblin build thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:17 PM
The goblin resurrection
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER View Post
I C
now how are you going to finish off the wheel well?
Since you cut away the quarter, what are you going to do to attach the wheel well of the kit to what use to be the wheel well of the car?
I will see if I have any pics to show you its kinda hard to explain, the bottom meets into the oem quarter, but the top will remain open so the tire can tuck up in. The entire cut area has been seem sealed to prevent any elements from entering the car.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin View Post
The reason the quarters needed to be trimmed is for suspension travel at lowered heights... If I were to have not cleranced the quarter I will be limited at what ride height I would be able to do before the tire would contact the oem quarter.

To answer you question yes you could just attach the kit to the car, but it would limit you on stance, suspension travel, and rubbing issues.
I wish I would have done that with my other widebody, cause I'm dealing with those issues right now and having to trim out the OEM metal with the widebody already permanently attached. Poor planning on my part, live and learn.

What have the other guys done, did they just take off the stock fenders completely and used the fiberglass fenders only?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:19 PM
The goblin resurrection
Ordered a Matt Hotch Designs gas cap... it set me back quite a bit but a tiny little feature like this is well worth it.
FYI if you do not know who Matt Hotch is one of the sickest bike builders...

Example
Here is it before install

Ater being welded in
Old 03-22-2010, 05:24 PM
The goblin resurrection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I wish I would have done that with my other widebody, cause I'm dealing with those issues right now and having to trim out the OEM metal with the widebody already permanently attached. Poor planning on my part, live and learn.

What have the other guys done, did they just take off the stock fenders completely and used the fiberglass fenders only?
Ya I have never owned my own widebody but I have been involved with building 3 or 4. The front is a replacement fender, but the rear attaches to the oem quarter. It all depends on what you are using the car for, I am building mine for multi purpose and need the full suspension travel.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Looking good so far Danny, hurry up and finish it cause I'm real excited to see the car completed.

Are you gonna use the gas cap on its own? (without the door that is.)
Old 03-22-2010, 07:30 PM
The goblin resurrection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borna View Post
Looking good so far Danny, hurry up and finish it cause I'm real excited to see the car completed.

Are you gonna use the gas cap on its own? (without the door that is.)
Ahhahha I wish it was finished as well. I will be no using anything about the factory gas door

Where in Dubai do you live... My dad has lived in Dubai and is now in Abu Dhabi, I go every year to visit.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Well there aren't really any areas over here to tell you in specific other than I live near Al-Garhoud.
How do you like it over here when you visit? I doubt you'd go as low or aggressive in this country huh? lol
Abu Dhabi is really the place to be now. When's your next visit?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Gas cap = SEXY
Old 03-22-2010, 10:43 PM
The goblin resurrection
Quote:
Well there aren't really any areas over here to tell you in specific other than I live near Al-Garhoud.
How do you like it over here when you visit? I doubt you'd go as low or aggressive in this country huh? lol
Abu Dhabi is really the place to be now. When's your next visit?
I am not exactly sure where that is, but google maps shows it very close to the airport. I have to say it is one of the nicest countries I have ever been to. The architecture is amazing. The roads are not that bad.... its the parking that is bad. I have never seen so many nice cars with bumpers all scratched up because parking is so tight. My dad lives near Zayed the 1st Street. I am not sure when my next visit is, as my dad is coming here the next time. I would venture to say maybe the later part of this year.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:03 AM
Yeah I'm only 10 mins away from the airport. The roads in Abu Dhabi aren't too bad but in Dubai they've gotten worse cause of the construction. Also there are some massive speed bumps for no good reason.
PM me the next time you're heading down here, we'll go grab a beer or something.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:56 AM
Great build! I'm loving watching the progress...
Old 03-23-2010, 09:30 AM
The goblin resurrection
Quote:
Yeah I'm only 10 mins away from the airport. The roads in Abu Dhabi aren't too bad but in Dubai they've gotten worse cause of the construction. Also there are some massive speed bumps for no good reason.
PM me the next time you're heading down here, we'll go grab a beer or something.
That makes sense, also wtf on the massive speed bumps... I can't stand that. I will definatly let you know when I am heading over next.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Yeah man, I lowered my 2nd gen sedan on H&R springs (which drop quite a bit) and put on some new wheels.
I had to stretch the rears with 255/30/20 on 10.5" width in the back and dial in -3.30* of camber. Now I'm scraping the mid-section of my exhaust pretty badly on some bumps.
I'm gonna be changing the rears to 255/35's which is an inch bigger in diameter so that should raise the car up enough.

BTW, since you're knowledgeable with these things, I'm running 245/35/20 up front right now. I'm thinking of dropping down to 235/35/20 to match the stretch out back...do you think that would just bring back the scraping problem? (.25" smaller in diameter)
How are the Generals in your experience?
Old 03-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Ohio G Club moderator
looking good so far man,props for doing this all urself..thats alot of work,looking forward to seeing finished product!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Banned
So i'm assuming you're relocating where the gas goes??