Beater G influenced by The Road Warrior - Page 4 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Beater G influenced by The Road Warrior

Beater G influenced by The Road Warrior

Old 05-20-2016, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2B35AGN View Post
Your car is like one of those life-size anatomy dolls. Fascinating to look at and educational but maybe not the way I personally would want to be splayed open for all to see my innards and all....

Carry on!
Haha.. great analogy!
I wouldn't bet on anyone on this forum wanting their G to look like this. Stripped and caged for a purpose is a different story. This is certainly different, but not popular.

A few rust-free front suspension parts arrived from Cali the other day, so once I get all the hardware I need I'll begin swapping out all the suspension components, bushings, struts, etc. The car desperately needs the bushings and suspension work. I'm going to have to buy a torch, too.

I'll finish off the bash bar soon, too.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite91 View Post
if you dont care about the forum, or what others have to say, then why are you here? Why are you posting?
to share what he's doing with those of us that are interested in seeing something besides another hellafail car on xxr's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2B35AGN View Post
Your car is like one of those life-size anatomy dolls. Fascinating to look at and educational but maybe not the way I personally would want to be splayed open for all to see my innards and all....

Carry on!
cannot agree more with this. I personally wouldn't do it with this car but its cool as *** to see someone do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to thegreatkwijibo For This Useful Post:
Justice06RR (05-22-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatkwijibo View Post
to share what he's doing with those of us that are interested in seeing something besides another hellafail car on xxr's.

cannot agree more with this. I personally wouldn't do it with this car but its cool as *** to see someone do it.
Thanks guys, I'm glad a few of you get it and can still appreciate that you don't have to follow everyone else's lead. I know what the general feeling is about trolls on forums, but despite the popular consensus, I know not everyone online is an ***.

Yeah, it's different, and I straight up said from the beginning a lot of guys are going to hate on it/me, but what the Hell, why not? If I'm doing it anyway, I don't mind sharing with others.

I know I kind of backed out of it before, but now I'm thinking I may pull the carpet and styrofoam inserts after all and coat the floor with black truck bed-liner. The carpet is stained all over and is wearing on me quickly, and I can always reinstall the carpet later. It just doesn't go with the rest of the bare interior.

While I was spraying the fabric sunroof slider last week I snapped this pic, which a few friends got a kick out of:

Other [possible] future upgrades:
Aside from finishing the front bash bar, I'm kicking around the idea of pulling the sideskirts and creating a simple 3/4" pipe rail (not as extreme as what Marcus' 350Z has).
I would love to get a little more clearance under this car.. I was also talking to Shawn Hart (owner of a legit 350Z rally car), and I may eventually swap in an AWD G sedan suspension (direct swap?) and bump up my tire size. Anyone who knows the northeast knows New Jersey is not a low-profile tire/stance friendly state. I need to look into this further to determine if that suspension will bolt in and what kind of lift I can expect. IDK how a larger profile tire would look with 18" rims, given the Brembos on the sport package, but I obviously don't want to downgrade the brakes if I don't have to.

One thing at a time, I need to do the whole front end bushing work (and valve gaskets) first and see where that leaves me. I'm just thinking.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:52 AM
^ Cool pic man. It captures the entire theme of your car.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: