Bull's 05 Sedan - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Bull's 05 Sedan

Bull's 05 Sedan

Old 01-02-2018, 10:34 PM
Bull's 05 Sedan

Hi everyone, this thread will be to show a bit of progress on this car.
Pictures will be huge

First engine pic

After Wash

Debadgin

It was here when it started getting real for me, The NO turning back point

Laying it all down

Degreasing and destaining the engine

Same

After the wash

As you can see, the result is totally worth it

It looked like this because I removed the pan after washign the top

This was after the treatment

Starting to see less colors

Runners are painted

More measuring

Top manifold is on and front cover was painted!

Prefer the look of this badge

When the vision started to become a reality

Something I did to the cover, unsure about it

After a month in the garage, removed the pinstripe

Running!

Polishing oem muffler

Current picture

Again, like the roundness of this emblem.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:51 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Looks nice, did you replace the battery that was in it? I noticed a significant amount of corrosion on the battery post in one of those pictures so the battery is probably shot.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Looks nice, did you replace the battery that was in it? I noticed a significant amount of corrosion on the battery post in one of those pictures so the battery is probably shot.
I thought so too at first however according to the test they passed so I just ended up cleaning everything and added some Dielectric grease.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:49 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
It can pass a tester if the cells are still in good condition but that type of corrosion is caused by one thing only, leaking gas. If it's a vented battery then I would just clean everything with an acid neutralizer since they do vent atmospherically. If it's a sealed battery I personally would just replace it since it probably has broken the seal around that battery post but you could just acid neutralizer the area, apply anti-oxidation grease and see if it ever comes back.

The G has air ducting directly into the cabin via the cabin air filter and I wouldn't want any corrosives ingested into the AC system, or damaging the electronics inside the sealed battery compartment.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It can pass a tester if the cells are still in good condition but that type of corrosion is caused by one thing only, leaking gas. If it's a vented battery then I would just clean everything with an acid neutralizer since they do vent atmospherically. If it's a sealed battery I personally would just replace it since it probably has broken the seal around that battery post but you could just acid neutralizer the area, apply anti-oxidation grease and see if it ever comes back.

The G has air ducting directly into the cabin via the cabin air filter and I wouldn't want any corrosives ingested into the AC system, or damaging the electronics inside the sealed battery compartment.
I know exactly what you're talking about with that fresh air Inlet. That's how I was able to find the source of the stink once I would switch to Fresh. I found stagnant water on the battery tray. I made a couple holes on it and cleaned it up so this doesn't happen again. I will keep a good eye on the battery, it will eventually be changed with a AGM.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:35 PM
It looks super clean. Props. I have a white G sedan too.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllaNoizeTV View Post
It looks super clean. Props. I have a white G sedan too.
Thank you, yours looks very clean also. I see you're in central fl, I used to live in orlando from 06-10
Cheers!
Old 01-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Looks good
The Following User Says Thank You to herrschaft For This Useful Post:
BULL (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULL View Post
Thank you, yours looks very clean also. I see you're in central fl, I used to live in orlando from 06-10
Cheers!
Thanks bro! Im actually in Nashville now. I gotta update that. Lol. Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to IllaNoizeTV For This Useful Post:
BULL (01-03-2018)