RE: New Custom Work Done/pics - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • RE: New Custom Work Done/pics

RE: New Custom Work Done/pics

Old 10-31-2009, 06:02 PM
RE: New Custom Work Done/pics

I debadge'd the rear except for Mount Fuji, and had the grill painted black except for Mount Fuji. Also had all the chrome trim pieces painted black and the door handles painted the diamond graphic body color. Final step will be to paint headlight housing area black, and probably smoke the tail lights.

Tilf
Attached Thumbnails
RE: New Custom Work Done/pics-dsc_0789.jpg RE: New Custom Work Done/pics-dsc_0792.jpg RE: New Custom Work Done/pics-dsc_0783.jpg
Old 10-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Here's a photo of the rear

Rear photo.
Attached Thumbnails
RE: New Custom Work Done/pics-dsc_0794.jpg
Old 10-31-2009, 07:04 PM
looks good
Old 10-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Looks great man! Love the whole look of you ride.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:30 PM
looks dope man. reppin the diamond graphites, im jealouss
Old 10-31-2009, 08:25 PM
I think once I get the headlight housings painted black and the tail lights smoked the look will be complete.

Tilf
Old 10-31-2009, 09:44 PM
Good overall. you need spacers and darker tints(20%) would look better, im not really digging the lights in the bumper. You have a night shot?

Kurookie bumper will look like sex on your car. Of course the tinted lights and headlight housings will look god too.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:46 PM
fwiw id be happy to help you or paint the housings for you, im pretty sure you said you were in the worcester area, which is right near me... its really easy.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:47 PM
and ps... imho... dont smoke the tails. its asking for trouble.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Your not the first one to not like the lights so much. They're pretty functional around here, and I think they're ok, but I guess it's a matter of opinion. I've looked in to some other front bumpers but some of them look to me like here in New England they'd be in danger of getting damaged. The Kurooke looks like it comes down quite low or something. Around here before long Im afraid it'd be cracked or handing off. This isn't California. Also new bumper = $$, and I'm getting pretty taped out. So either I'll live with what I've got or maybe in the spring or summer I'll figure out a replacement. I thought painting light housings was not so easy.

Tilf
Old 11-01-2009, 12:18 AM
I want to paint my chrome trim pieces too!
Did you do it yourself? It looks like flat paint? any more pics?
Old 11-01-2009, 12:36 AM
I'll try to get more pics tomorrow. Today was just some quick ones before it rained. I had it "professionally painted". The pieces were taken off first, and they were "prepared". I think it's a black satin finish. They ensure me it won't flake off or anything, but could of course at some point get some scratch in it but should be easy to touch up if that happens.

Tilf
Old 11-01-2009, 01:43 AM
? = 2B || !2B
Have you thought about doing the roof in black? IMO, it would look really good with the other black accents on your car. It would also tie in the wheels, as it stands now, everything black is a satin finish except the wheels. I also like the way a black roof goes with that color. And since you've went through the trouble of dechroming your car, I would go ahead and go the other 2% and make the rear Mt Fuji satin black and the front one body-match.
Also, hate to tell you, but I'm really not a fan of the fog lights either. Though they might be better if they were toward the edges, under the headlights, and maybe set back inside the grill a little more?
Anyway, that's just my .02
PS, I like everything else you've done so far
Old 11-01-2009, 04:50 AM
looks good, definitely smoke the tail lights but not pitch black and i agree with nfsp1 above^^. I know many ppl here bash on the stillen lip but i think it would look really good on your car and is not too low. For 220 you can't go wrong
Old 11-01-2009, 05:46 AM
I hadn't thought about the roof. The stillen lip would look ok, I'd have to get it painted. I'm probably ok with the Fugi's the way they are but I think Diamond graphite in the front and black in the rear would probably be real nice. I won't do the taillights pitch black that for sure. At this point I've point a lot of $$ in to the car and will probably hold off on anything but painting the headlights and possibly smoking the tail lights until spring.

Tilf