DDM Tuning Lights w/PICS - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • DDM Tuning Lights w/PICS

DDM Tuning Lights w/PICS

Old 08-27-2011, 02:12 AM
DDM Tuning Lights w/PICS

Had to replace one of my headlight bulbs and my clearance strip bulbs were long gone before that so while at it I took care of it all.

I bought a set of 5000k HIDs and a pair of 194 sized Piranha + 4 3028 LEDs in white. Here they are:

HIDs:

LEDs:

Excuse my bad-conditioned headlight but they look like this installed:

Side-by-side comparison: (Before / After):

It actually looks exactly like that in person in the 1st picture, as for the 2nd picture the light in the strip doesn't go that far and I have no clue why my foglights have some blue lighting to it in the picture . The clearance strip isn't fully lit all the way down to the bottom. Although, the HIDs are better than the ones I had before. I don't know what I had before but these are definitely brighter and more functional.

Overall.. I don't like the 1 Piranha + 4 3028 LED bulb. Was thinking of buying them online but bought them at DDM while I was there to save time. Most definitely didn't enjoy taking off my bumper for the most part.. some Styrofoam stuff behind my bumper fell off and I tried putting it back but it seemed as if it was push the bumper outwards so I tossed one side out.. and I accidentally put the wrong screw into one of the parts holding the fender into the headlight..
Old 08-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Yeah, no led bulb will light the clearance strip all the way. I have a 9-LED bulb in there and it's a little brighter than yours but still not a constant light output for the whole strip.

And I dont think u had to remove the bumper to change your lights... lol

5000k looks near identical to our OEM one tho.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:36 AM
do you think you might be able to send me a link for the LED you used to light the strip? I'm trying to get clear bulb for mine
Old 09-05-2011, 11:57 AM
I have DDM tuning HID replacment bulbs 6000k also 6000K HID fog kit to match the top. Most guys on here hate to see HID in FOGs. But it looks sick! let alone it's non projector the Fogs give you more light on the road. but the Clearance LED bulb you will eventually hate them.

Here's my set up a did years ago w/ a LED strip on the side. I don't have them anymore because someone always buying them off of me. I'm actually making a set now.

AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICTURE BELOW, 6000K REPLACEMENT BULB ON THE TOP, 6000k HID KIT FOR THE FOGS & A LED STRIP ON THE SIDE (PERFECT MATCH)

HERE'S A PICTURE W/O THE HEADLIGHTS ON. JUST THE DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS
Old 09-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbngo View Post
do you think you might be able to send me a link for the LED you used to light the strip? I'm trying to get clear bulb for mine
I got it from ebay. Just search 194 LED bulb and buy the ones that state its a 9-LED bulb.

And to the guy above, those look amazing!

Although it looks too blue for 6000k. Maybe the cam.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:14 PM
^^
Yeah it looks super blue in the picture, but it's a nice bright white w/ a hint of blue. pretty much the same color of your 4300k at start up.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYG35IZSICK View Post
^^
Yeah it looks super blue in the picture, but it's a nice bright white w/ a hint of blue. pretty much the same color of your 4300k at start up.
Very nice

I tried getting 5000k fog bulb to match my low beam but it came out yellowish/close to OEM color.

Damn you ebay.

Guess I gotta get those kits
Old 09-05-2011, 12:26 PM
^^
Yeah eBay bulb replacement for the fogs won't match up at all. I gave that a try once upon a time. But yeah check out DDM tuning, those guys are great. The price is good as well. another good thing is they have lifetime warranty on the HID kit and 1 year warranty on the replacement bulb. So I would advice to go w/ 6000k top and bottom. You will love it!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbngo View Post
These are mine :
They're not really white.. they're more of a blue-ish white similar to the pic I posted.