DEI 545T nite-light system - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • DEI 545T nite-light system

DEI 545T nite-light system

Old 03-26-2004, 07:43 AM
DEI 545T nite-light system

Hi,
my G coupe doesn't have the premium package and I want to add auto headlights. I purchased the DEI 545T kit and was wondering what wires no I need to hook it up to. I know the relays for the lights are in the engine compartment but is there a convinient location in the car that I could use. What I need is the wire that trigures the relay that is coming from the cabin. Anyone know what color code or where the wires are that controls the parking or headlights? I looked at the switch stalk but it does not appear to be a simple switch as there are SMDs on a circuit board. I tried probing the connector and none of the contacts seemed to close when I turned the switches on, so it might be part of the data bus, that controls the system.

Old 03-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Banned
Re: DEI 545T nite-light system

PARKING LIGHTS - red/blue (+) - driver kick panel |
HEADLIGHTS - red/blk (L), red (R) (+) - IPDM (engine compartment)

That is acording to DEI for a 2003 coupe. Make sure you diode isolate the two headlight wires!

Kevin
----------------------------------------------------------------
04 Diamond Graphite Coupe - FULLY loaded
Windows up with OEM Remote
Old 03-26-2004, 02:07 PM

thanks KPierson, you're gonna save me a lot of time probing for wires. I guess I will have to go to the engine compartment after all unless I can locate those IPDM wires in the cabin. When you say to diode the the headlight wires are you refering to cutting the stock and inserting a diode inline or on the new module leads. BTW does DEI have a web page with the wiring you are refering to or is that only for delaers.

Old 03-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Banned

You won't find those wires inside the car. The light switch communicates digitally with the BCM and the BCM communicates over a CAN line with the IPDM. Fun stuff eh?

I was wrong about the diode isolating I think....

It depends on the outputs of the DEI unit. The wires for the headlights you need to tap into are on the OUTPUT side of the headlight relays (the relays are built in the the IPDM). So, you will need hi current outputs from the DEI unit. If it has a single (-) out then use this out to control two seperate relays, one for each lamp. If it has one high current output, still use it to control two seperate relays. You need to make sure that you keep the two outputs isolated!

Good luck, this is going to be quite the project!

Kevin
----------------------------------------------------------------
04 Diamond Graphite Coupe - FULLY loaded
Windows up with OEM Remote
Old 03-27-2004, 04:08 PM