Fixing dash engravings? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Fixing dash engravings?

Fixing dash engravings?

Old 10-17-2017, 01:59 PM
Fixing dash engravings?

The idiot owner before me carved his initials into shifter trim bezel (between the shifter and the hazard button).
It's pretty deep, wondering if it's worth trying to just fill, sand and repaint (and what products anyone might suggest) or just replace the part for like $60 :/
Old 10-17-2017, 02:03 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
You can JB weld and sand/paint but honestly trying to get a color match and finish for the paint is going to be rough and the labor hours spent doing the repair. If it were mine I'd just look for a clean one on ebay.

In the meantime a cheap and easy "coverup" is to use nail polish that's as close to the original color as possible. Sand any ridges on the edge of the letters to bring it down to the same height and use a toothpick to apply a VERY tiny amount of nail polish paint to fill the gouge.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Copyright ©2002 - 2017, panoramic-3d.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages

how much are straight pipesultimate x wiper blades reviewmxm4 vs mxv4brake bleeding procedurepowerbleederuprev austincaliper torque specsuas air suspensionvossen wheels houstonrandom cylinder misfirehid lensesfriction modifier for transmissiong37 anniversary edition100 cotton terry towelinfiniti 37smichelin alpin pa2dmv window tinthigh temp paint for brake calipersaverage cost of tie rod replacementnissan altima coupe modslowering springs on stock shocksmmats p3 12d2s philips 85122dmax body kitengine overheating and no heatcam sensor problemsfart smells like eggspop chargerangel eye headlightsngk iridium ix spark plugs reviewtop speed pro1 exhaustcode 0175hypertech programmer reviewskenwood kvt 815my dashboard light went outhow to loosen tension on serpentine beltsupercharger for 350znail in tire near sidewallpaint scratch pen350z hp2007 g35 sedan front lipavh-p8400bh350z straight pipeati prochargersmaco paint shopmy gas gauge doesn t workinfiniti dealers long island nywhat flowmaster muffler should i getpsiclopscode p1126scratched window tintlexus gs300 sport design for salevin options lookupramsey infinitivdc definitionperma seal spray92 300zxatf fluid changegoodyear infinity tireswhen a bird poops on your headdnx9960nissan stagea interiorcd-btb200 ebayalpine ine-z928hdredline transmission350z headlight ballastdura lube fuel system cleaner reviewmaaco richmond vainfiniti m37 coupesport rim rayswhat does afs off meanmobil 1 european formula2004 acura tl amplifierinfiniti fx35 tire size350z ssr wheelsblondes are hotter