Catalytic Converter advise please - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Catalytic Converter advise please

Catalytic Converter advise please

Old 09-30-2017, 09:40 PM
Catalytic Converter advise please

Need advise G35 members. My check engine light on. Need to get it fix for smog check. It put out code that both catalytic converter need to be replace. Shop say it has to be replace with OEM parts. They quote me $2200. That is part and labor. Any work around? Will after market catalytic converter pass the smog check or do I need to stick with OEM? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:28 PM
Any carb compliant bolt on cat for this car should be able to pass emissions just fine. And depending on your states laws, some non carb complient ones will likely work too. Buy a pair for between $200 and $300 each and bolt em on yourself
Old 09-30-2017, 10:31 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Or replace with a performance upgrade item like Fast Intentions HFC for about double that price, make that motor sing.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the advise guys. I am in one of the strict state - California. Fast Intentions HFC is not legal here.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:28 AM
SLICK
Thanked 1,049 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapanoramic-3d.ru View Post
Thanks for the advise guys. I am in one of the strict state - California. Fast Intentions HFC is not legal here.
They are if you get your G done at the right smog station! Check Magnaflow cats, they carry the correct CARB sticker for our state.
Gary
The Following User Says Thank You to gary c For This Useful Post:
lapanoramic-3d.ru (10-05-2017)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules