Window won't roll down, but it's not the motor - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Window won't roll down, but it's not the motor

Window won't roll down, but it's not the motor

Old 09-19-2017, 01:55 AM
Window won't roll down, but it's not the motor

I know the window motors go bad on our cars, so much so that it should have been a recall item, but whatevs. So, my driver window all the sudden stopped working, and I thought automatically that it was the motor (it's the original after all, so I thought it had a good run), but then I thought to try the auto-down function from the fob and then the auto-up function with the driver key hole and both worked fine.

Anyone ever had yer actual window switch go bad? I can't find any of this nonsense for our cars.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:56 PM
So, it started working again, but now it won't automatically do the 1/2" up when I close the door. I CAN however force it to go the 1/2" up with the key. Very strange.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:02 PM
I never used the auto - up/down feature, somehow it always triggers that dilemma at least with my experience.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:03 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Recalibrate the motor, very similar to what my driver side window did. As components wear it creates a little slack that throws the whole system off.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Recalibrate the motor, very similar to what my driver side window did. As components wear it creates a little slack that throws the whole system off.
Yeah, I think I'll try the reset. It made sense for it to be the switch up until it stopped doing the 1/2" up thing. I'll give it a shot!
Old 09-20-2017, 11:55 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Mine first did the "drop 6 inches if you roll it up all the way" thing, then it did the "stop dropping 1/2" when the door is open" thing, finally it did the "I refuse to roll up anymore" thing and I replaced it but it had a nice long death cycle, I was able to reset and fix the first two.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: