What's the best cold air intake? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • What's the best cold air intake?

What's the best cold air intake?

Old 03-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Smile What's the best cold air intake?

Just picked up my g35 and I'm lovin it.This forum is very helpful.Thanks to everyone who got back to me with their exhaust info.So what cai system is the best to pair up with a new exhaust? Thanks
Old 03-22-2006, 10:52 PM
search. use it.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Premier Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeflux
search. use it.

I know geez.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Most vauge questions like that can be answered by using the search feature...your question is kind of a personal opinion...just stay away from SO Cal forums..Welcome!
Old 03-23-2006, 12:25 AM
THE BATMOBILE
search it.........ill go easy on you cause your a newb

injen
or
stillen
Old 03-23-2006, 12:33 AM
03-04 injen
05+ stillen
Old 03-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator
Congrats and welcome to Driver. There is a bunch of info here with regard to intakes. It would serve you no justice to simply rattle off a few names. Truplay8 has mentioned a couple of really good ones for starters. As mentioned previously, perform a search and afford yourself the benefit of the info here on these boards.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:12 AM
Don't bother doing the search on CAI. It's been discussed so many times and there are so many different opinions. Everyone has their favorite CAI. I know I gave up after spending hours reading. BUT most opinions point to Stillen. Which is what I finally got
Old 03-23-2006, 01:23 AM
get which ever one looks the nicest to you....no need to mess around with 2-5 ponies...
Old 03-23-2006, 01:26 AM
All intakes will generally make the same horsepower. Now, the normal question is to ask which one will make the MOST. The difference between the horsepower of every intake will be negated with some weight reduction, i.e. going to the bathroom? foregoing that bean burrito? Wearing lighter clothing?

That 1-2 WHP difference you see will NOT make a difference. There are however SOME intakes that should be avoided, which will provide absolute NO performance increase worth undertaking.

If you want my personal oppinion, you might want to consider the Weapon R intake since it provides the most aggresive intake sound of the bunch, and it appears to be pretty good. You may also want to take a look at Fujita () its a quality intake, with swirl grooves in the intake pipe that is supposed to create a small vortex mixing the fuel/air better. It's non-moving, so it's no worries about it falling apart and getting sucked up into your intake. Fujita for those of you who don't know, are some of the same guys who worked for Injen. They branched off making their own intake company, their quality imho is bar none. Then theres lastly the Nismo one you could use, quality intake, no complaints and apparently its pretty well built too.

Lastly, I would consider purchasing the following combination:

MD Intake Plenum Spacer
Fujita Intake for the G35/350Z
Stillen Exhaust [although just about any exhaust company makes a fairly good one]

You should net maybe 20 WHP with all 3 modifications? In simplest form, your butt dyno will record a nice increase.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:29 AM
injen
Old 03-23-2006, 11:07 AM
ynhrgt - All intakes will generally make the same horsepower. Now, the normal question is to ask which one will make the MOST. The difference between the horsepower of every intake will be negated with some weight reduction, i.e. going to the bathroom? foregoing that bean burrito? Wearing lighter clothing?

That 1-2 WHP difference you see will NOT make a difference. There are however SOME intakes that should be avoided, which will provide absolute NO performance increase worth undertaking.

Sundeviljay - which ever one looks the nicest to you....no need to mess around with 2-5 ponies...

Gentlemen,

Please provide your test results (dyno, G-Tech, track) that you base the above statements on. I'd like to add your data to my own. As you may know I've been testing and gathering information on aftermarket air intake systems for some time now. We find your test results are certainly different than ours. By the way "ALL" is a very big word, IMO.

DaveO
G35 Editor
Sport Z Magazine

Last edited by DaveO; 03-23-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Hey, I'll selll you my used stillen CAi with z tube everything was baught at everything g35.com and the step up has only 500 miles or so.... the filter's still clean too. Pm me
Old 03-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truplay8
search it.........ill go easy on you cause your a newb

injen
or
stillen
Thanks. Please excuse the new guy!
Old 03-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO
ynhrgt - All intakes will generally make the same horsepower. Now, the normal question is to ask which one will make the MOST. The difference between the horsepower of every intake will be negated with some weight reduction, i.e. going to the bathroom? foregoing that bean burrito? Wearing lighter clothing?

Sundeviljay - which ever one looks the nicest to you....no need to mess around with 2-5 ponies...

Gentlemen,

Please provide your test results (dyno, G-Tech, track) that you base the above statements on. I'd like to add your data to my own. As you may know I've been testing and gathering information on aftermarket air intake systems for some time now. We find your test results are certainly different than ours. By the way "ALL" is a very big word, IMO.

DaveO
G35 Editor
Sport Z Magazine

Here's mine: http://panoramic-3d.ru/forums/intake-exhaust/89617-intake-shoot-out-stillen-vs-aem-no-56k.html