HELP with stock exhaust rattle - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion |
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • HELP with stock exhaust rattle

HELP with stock exhaust rattle

Old 10-31-2017, 01:54 AM
HELP with stock exhaust rattle

Hi I'm new to the forum and this will be my first post. I recently installed ART pipes on my car and it sounds fantastic. My only concern is that when I accelerate (around 3k rpm) my exhaust rattles like a tin can. I'm wondering if its because of stock muffler or something else. If anyone have/had similar problems, what did you do to fix it?
Old 10-31-2017, 02:02 AM
Someone already answered you in another thread. The stock exhaust can’t handle test pipes.

Time to message Nitsuj and buy his aftermarket exhaust he has for sale.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:37 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,233 Times in 997 Posts
Vhey, please read all forum headers before you start new threads. The one you posted in said in bold, red letters "No car questions". That being said I've moved this to the appropriate place.

It could be a number of things so I recommend getting the car up on jack stands with a helper and having them rev the car while you are under the car looking for a cause of the noise.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:05 PM
's Avatar
Maybe bold red letters isn't grabbing enough attention, try bold purple or something.
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Blue Dream (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 01:38 AM
Premier Member
I was getting an odd buzz/rattle after getting Art Pipes but I have after-market y-pipe and exhaust. Mostly at lower rpm in 1st and sometimes 2nd. Getting my car tuned almost completely eliminated it. I think it has something to do with the car being lean affecting how the resonators work.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:51 AM
Thanked 1,051 Times in 936 Posts
Next time you change your oil trace down the path of your exhaust system, the noise you're experiencing is likely coming from contact being made somewhere in your under carriage. A Muffler shop would put your G on a rack, while it's running listen to the system to find the cause of the noise.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: