z-tube w/ jwt pop charger? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • z-tube w/ jwt pop charger?

z-tube w/ jwt pop charger?

Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Smile z-tube w/ jwt pop charger?

Im pretty new to this forum and I wanted to see what other members opinions on intakes were. I was looking into getting a z-tube w/ jwt pop charger combo but wanted to see if there were any other better options. Also if anyone has suggestions as to where I can find the z-tube w/ jwt popcharger, it would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:49 PM
Just get yourself a Z-tube and a drop in K n N filter. The pop charger will just give you more of a engine growl at most. CAI are worthless. Check the classifieds section for a used Z-tube.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:41 AM
okay i was researching a little more on mods to get and wanted your suggestion. If I were to decide to get the motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, would it still be a good idea to get the z-tube and drop in K&N filter?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yim35 View Post
okay i was researching a little more on mods to get and wanted your suggestion. If I were to decide to get the Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, would it still be a good idea to get the z-tube and drop in K&N filter?
Yes. The Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer is one of the best bang for your buck mods.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Bolt on mods net you very little hp, 8 hp isn't going to make your 3400lb car any faster in the real world. Save your money for FI.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 AM
SLICK
Thanked 1,049 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCL View Post
Bolt on mods net you very little hp, 8 hp isn't going to make your 3400lb car any faster in the real world. Save your money for FI.
Maybe not........but it sure feels good on your butt dyno! The Z-Tube changes the sound of our motors, more growl. Better filtering thru the K&N drop in or if you can afford it Stillens CAI will allow more whp once you've included all the bolt on mods, spacer and exhaust!
Gary
Old 01-29-2013, 12:03 PM
True, I don't like having a loud car unless it's fast though. I can justify my car being loud if Im pushing 500whp...250whp not so much. lol Until i have the money for FI engine wise my car is stock. But around a track, I have passed several faster cars, so there is more to making our cars fast than bolt ons, suspension, tires, brakes go a long way.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Thanks for all the input everyone. I think im for sure going to get the 5/16 plenum spacer just for the extra little power however much it willl give. However, I wont be going towards a FI engine yet as my money flow isnt quite there so im going to stick with NA (i believe thats the term?) for now. I was wondering though since the sound of the stock g exhaust is pretty good sounding, if I was to get the z-tube/K&N drop in filter, would it make it sound even better? Thanks again!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Ztube/kn filter will maybe make a tiny bit of a difference in sound but not much... if you want a louder exhaust or different tone look to changing out your catback exhaust to the exhaust of your choosing.

I personally ran jwt pop and ztube for a long time and I really enjoyed the difference in the sound, not nearly as noticeable once I went to aftermarket exhaust but I still enjoyed it. I definitely could feel the loss of power due to heat soak compared to the stock box though sometimes. It's a tradeoff though, the bit of lost power vs change in sound, you really just have to decide what is more important to you. Some people don't like losing the power, others don't care because they don't consider our cars fast anyway, it's all personal preference.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 PM
if i go with the spacer as well as the Ztube/kn filter would that still have a loss in power or would than have a gain in power plus a tiny bit of change in the sound? yeah i have a couple exhaust ideas in mind and i was looking into an ARK catback with ART pipes but want to get the smaller mods out of the way first. I dont really want a loss in power, i just want to enhance the stock exhaust sound a bit so its a little louder since it sounds pretty good IMO