Carb Legal Headers? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Carb Legal Headers?

Carb Legal Headers?

Old 03-17-2011, 06:24 AM
Carb Legal Headers?

Are there any other headers that are carb legal besides the DC headers? I really want the nismos but I don't think they are carb legal unless I'm wrong. Those of you with DC, how do you like them? How much louder would you say it made your exhaust and did it introduce any significant rasp? I'm currently running FI resonated test pipes, JIC y pipe and Amuse titanium exhaust. Thinking about getting the Osiris tune so trying to finish my bolt ons as much as possible. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2011, 01:24 PM
only long tube headers have really given anyone noticeable gains. I would go ahead and get an mrev2/spacer and switch to ART pipes if you are already willing to run test pipes. Then go ahead and get tuned.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:10 AM
Man the ART pipes are pretty pricey. Long tubes are outta the question because of smog, at least with test pipes I can swap them out easily. I have the spacer already on my nonrevup. Think ART pipes will make a big difference over the FI tp?
Old 03-18-2011, 04:49 AM
VRH Equipped
i have the DC's, they're legit. it's not a lack of gains that detours people from headers it's the high install cost vs the type of gains. headers shift your power band to the top end, so a tune in conjunction w/will make the difference. also, shorter final drive gearing will help offset the bottom end, power trade-off. the DC's are a good design, very similar to the OEM HR setup. one of the big thing to consider is the added heat, a vented hood would be a good investment.

kinda strange that you're worried about SMOG but run test pipes...
Old 03-18-2011, 06:13 AM
rarejdm.com
Looks like you have an 06... DC headers are only CARB exempt on 03-04 models. Most smog places won't know the difference, but if you ever get sent to the ref, they'll check for sure.

NHC4201, NHS4201 2003-2004 Infiniti G35 3.5L

Here's a link to the air resources board, you can check for CARB EO#'s there.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGenius View Post
i have the DC's, they're legit. it's not a lack of gains that detours people from headers it's the high install cost vs the type of gains. headers shift your power band to the top end, so a tune in conjunction w/will make the difference. also, shorter final drive gearing will help offset the bottom end, power trade-off. the DC's are a good design, very similar to the OEM HR setup. one of the big thing to consider is the added heat, a vented hood would be a good investment.

kinda strange that you're worried about SMOG but run test pipes...
Nice, did you notice any rasp after you installed the headers? Were you running an exhaust system at the time? I'm worried about smog when it comes to headers because like you said, they are a pain in the *** to uninstall and reinstall come smog time. With test pipes, I can always swap them out easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackt69 View Post
Looks like you have an 06... DC headers are only CARB exempt on 03-04 models. Most smog places won't know the difference, but if you ever get sent to the ref, they'll check for sure.

NHC4201, NHS4201 2003-2004 Infiniti G35 3.5L

Here's a link to the air resources board, you can check for CARB EO#'s there.
Hm ok I'll look into that and maybe contact DC and see what they have to say. Thanks for the info..I know some places are **** when they check the carb number and the year for the part application doesn't match your year even though it's literally the same thing.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:08 AM
VRH Equipped
nah, no rasp that i can recall. got installed w/exhaust. i also run Kinetix HFC's and have passed SMOG.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:51 AM
^ really? i thought all HFC fail? this is new to me. Might have to get more info from you later.