Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Need, help, asap

Need, help, asap

Old 01-18-2018, 12:16 AM
Need, help, asap

Hi all,

Having some issues and I'm hoping and praying its a simple fix. I'm in NC, and we got a decent amount of snow today. I had to drive to work and back, and because the roads were so bad (and because one of my rear tires is slightly bald :/ ), I drove very slow and carefully both ways. On the way home however, it was a lot worse, and a couple of times I had to drop it into sport mode and shift from first to second and so forth, because my slip light kept coming on,,,In my opinion at the time, I was able to maintain better traction this way. There were also a couple times I really had to floor it to keep traction, and was a little hard on my engine. Long story short, by the time I made it home, my battery light was on, So now, about 3 hours later, I attempted to head up to the gas station, was able to back my car out (battery light still on), but then when I put it in drive I had no power. Tried reverse and the same. I shut the car off and it wouldn't crank, b/c the battery was dead, I had a jump pack in my car and was able to get it to crank, but same thing...no acceleration in drive or reverse. When I shut it off, the car was dead again. I'm currently charging my jump pack and praying that all it is currently is a weak battery that needs a full jump/charge, possibly from driving to hard in the snow. In your opinion, would this be an accurate diagnosis? My main concern and worst fear is if its possible I somehow damaged my transmission....Any advice or suggestions would be extremely appreciated,

Thanks so much!

Last edited by GrezzasG; 01-18-2018 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrezzasG View Post
Hi all,

Having some issues and I'm hoping and praying its a simple fix. I'm in NC, and we got a decent amount of snow today. I had to drive to work and back, and because the roads were so bad (and because one of my rear tires is slightly bald :/ ), I drove very slow and carefully both ways. On the way home however, it was a lot worse, and a couple of times I had to drop it into sport mode and shift from first to second and so forth, because my slip light kept coming on,,,In my opinion at the time, I was able to maintain better traction this way. There were also a couple times I really had to floor it to keep traction, and was a little hard on my engine. Long story short, by the time I made it home, my battery light was on, So now, about 3 hours later, I attempted to head up to the gas station, was able to back my car out (battery light still on), but then when I put it in drive I had no power. Tried reverse and the same. I shut the car off and it wouldn't crank, b/c the battery was dead, I had a jump pack in my car and was able to get it to crank, but same thing...no acceleration in drive or reverse. When I shut it off, the car was dead again. I'm currently charging my jump pack and praying that all it is currently is a weak battery that needs a full jump/charge, possibly from driving to hard in the snow. In your opinion, would this be an accurate diagnosis? My main concern and worst fear is if its possible I somehow damaged my transmission....Any advice or suggestions would be extremely appreciated,

Thanks so much!
Buy a new battery, buy all new tires, get them balanced and aligned, and never drive with bald tires.

Telcoman