SWITCH PROBLEM SOLVED with "DeOxit D5": (Door lock and Window switches)
2004 G35 Sedan
Main Driver "window and door lock switch" (Control Surface) did not work for everything except driver window. Rear Windows did not operate when driver main window switches were "unlocked" and switch for window was pressed up or down, as well as power door locks did not operate from this control surface.
0) Turn Key off, open door and let car sit for 1 minute.
1) gently remove plastic switch assembly (door lock and window controller "control surface") from driver "side door", using "small" flat head screw driver(s) or panel tool
2) gently remove electrical harnessing clip from "control surface"
3) remove 3 screws from the "black" plastic electrical enclosure on the "control surface"
4) gently open "black" enclosure assembly, by releasing tabs
5) gently remove Printed Circuit Board "PCB" by releasing tabs, to expose electromechanical switches for windows and power door lock. Recommend that switch positions are not moved, or replaced to current default location/position.
6) Spray Deoxit "directly" into electromechanical switch openings on the PCB for: 4 window controllers/switch, power door lock switch, and "Passenger Window Inhibit switch"
7) Spray Deoxit in the male side (with metal pins) of the harnessing connector on the PCB
8) gently reconnect PCB to bottom of "black" plastic switch enclosure
9) gently reconnect top of "Black" plastic switch enclosure to the bottom enclosure assembly
10 gently reconnect electrical harnessing connector to "Black" plastic switch enclosure
11) Test/Verify all controls: power on car with Key, and verify window(s) and door lock status. For my vehicle, all issues were NOW OPERATIONAL, and fixed.
12) gently re-install 3 screws from "black" enclosure to control surface assembly
13) gently re-install control surface to door panel
14) test and verify as required.
did not need to purchase a new Driver Power Window Lock Control Switch OEM 4 Door
approximately 20 minutes to complete
Last edited by frg1234; 10-23-2017 at 03:51 PM.