Driver side door doesnt open via keyless entry - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Driver side door doesnt open via keyless entry

Driver side door doesnt open via keyless entry

Old 09-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Driver side door doesnt open via keyless entry

I have a 2010 G35 and the dirver side door does not open unless I put the key on the top of the car. The passenger door works fine, and the both the buttons on the key and the button on the door work fine once the key is basically on the top of the car. I already changed the battery in the keys and disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and still nothing, any advice?
Old 09-20-2017, 03:58 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Not very many components to the system, fob has a transmitter, buttons, battery, those all appear to be functioning.

Car has an antenna, BCM (computer), wiring, door lock mechanism. Sounds like the only component with problems is the locking mechanism.

Every other function of the fob works at normal range correct? And the door unlock mechamism on the passenger door functions normally yes?
Old 09-20-2017, 04:19 PM
Correct, everything else works. Only the driver side doesnt work
Old 09-20-2017, 04:22 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
I'd suspect either the door striker motor or the wiring, unplug it and get a meter on it, have someone else stand back a ways and trigger the unlock while you check for signal. If it's getting the correct signal then the door lock striker motor is shot.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:36 PM
I dont think thats it. If I hold the key at chin level everything works fine. Just not when its it my pocket or which is where I normally keep it.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:53 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
You can buy a second fob for $20 at an auto parts store (generic fob but the spare I have looks darned near identical to the stock one) program it yourself and see if just the fob is trashed, then you will have a spare fob to go with your future spare key!