Slow response, lag throttle response - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Slow response, lag throttle response

Slow response, lag throttle response

Old 05-25-2016, 09:46 PM

I just purchased a 2009 Infiniti G37x Sedan and I'm not impressed with its performance.
My 2005 G35xSedan was a lot more responsive even at 150k+ miles. The g37 only has under 90k
The car ran clean in car fax, there are no codes present except for a tire pressure light that blinks then turns solid.

On my old 2005 g35x I step on the gas pedal slightly and it gives me that smooth, right of the bat response. This g37 doesn't, there's like a lag or something and even halfway, it doesn't give me that pull me back the seat feeling until I really push on it all the way. Even on DS mode. My 05 g35x was quick from the dig and this one is not wtf??

So I read up on it and I heard there are quite a few who are experiencing this.
It has something to do with the software ECM or TCM whatever that is that needs to be updated. Question is do I only do that at the dealership or can it be DIY. If it it is through the dealer how much does it cost to do? The car is out of warranty, this was a private sale.

I also heard about cleaning the throttle bodies will make a difference,but is the 09 g37 sedan as sensitive as the older previous g35 throttle bodies where I have to do the relearning procedure?

Also just to ad partial of my guage cluster on the rpm side. 6K and 7k is very dim. Is there a fix for this or do I just live with it?

Last but not least, if the car has bad rotors will it throw off any warning lights on the cluster?

So at this point, in good order what should I do first?

UPDATE: I found out from the previous owner the car sat for 4 months,because he was out of the country for that long. He had it listed before but had to post pone because of a long business trip. So what should I do at this point change oil? spark plugs? full tune up?

Last edited by migz32type; 05-25-2016 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:47 AM

I can't quite help you on the initial question part. But as for the updated section, it's always a good idea to change the oil/spark plus along with a full tune upwhen you buy a car, if possible. better safe than sorry
Old 05-31-2016, 03:03 AM
Ok someone help me out with this next one.

I noticed some pulsating feeling on my gas pedal when the car is on the go, If I let go of the gas, the car dramatically slows down. Also the response isn't that great from the get go. I'm pretty convince that there is something wrong with my brakes.

She brakes fine, no squeaks,but there are some shrugging sounds when I brake when backing up or turning the wheel while braking.

Could this be the reason why my car is not so responsive, like its under accelerated? Hanging caliper? Abnormal brake pads? The rotors are pretty rusty, on the the surface,but on the sides.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:11 PM
Premier Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by migz32type View Post
Ok someone help me out with this next one.

I noticed some pulsating feeling on my gas pedal when the car is on the go, If I let go of the gas, the car dramatically slows down. Also the response isn't that great from the get go. I'm pretty convince that there is something wrong with my brakes.

She brakes fine, no squeaks,but there are some shrugging sounds when I brake when backing up or turning the wheel while braking.

Could this be the reason why my car is not so responsive, like its under accelerated? Hanging caliper? Abnormal brake pads? The rotors are pretty rusty, on the the surface,but on the sides.
A stuck caliper could definitely be causing the whole issue. Also you need to have someone inspect the front drive shaft for wear on the u-joint as well.