muffler or straight pipe?? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • muffler or straight pipe??

muffler or straight pipe??

Old 12-05-2017, 01:15 AM
muffler or straight pipe??

Hi guys,
I have a 2008 g35 and would like to know which one sounds better, a muffler delete or a straight pipe?

Give me please your experience and suggestions.
thanks
Old 12-05-2017, 01:50 AM
SLICK
Thanked 1,044 Times in 929 Posts
Mars, "Welcome to the G35 Driver Fourms!"

As a member of G35 Driver for 12 years, I believe we try to hold our standards higher than those individuals that drive lesser cars and install fart cannons or 24" tall wheels! Muffler delete or straight pipe all you get is noise, loud ugly noise! One of my favorite things to do is driving on an uncrowded stretch of road, shifting thru the gears and listening to the sweet sound of my HKS exhaust which includes Magnaflow's crossover that blends the pulses from each bank and unobstructed by a pair of Fast Intention HFCs! Want a better sound, buy/install a free flow muffler like Magnaflow or install high flow cats, (or both) just not Berks since they're trash!
Answer to your question, none of the above!
Gary
The Following User Says Thank You to gary c For This Useful Post:
mars931 (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 02:59 AM
Thank you a lot but the thing is that I bought the car last month and it already has a muffler delete on it i was asking should i make it a straight pipe or leave it as is
Old 12-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Add the muffler back Your ears will thank you lol
Old 12-05-2017, 01:37 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
I'm a firm believer for mufflers on any vehicle that's driven on public roadways, decibel level isn't the issue, it's that it just sounds so harsh when you don't have a muffler to eliminate all the bad sounds a motor creates. There are a lot of really good options for the G, do you want a deep rumble or a screamer? Are you in an area that emission tests (HFC or test pipes).
Old 12-05-2017, 09:08 PM
SLICK
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars931 View Post
Thank you a lot but the thing is that I bought the car last month and it already has a muffler delete on it i was asking should i make it a straight pipe or leave it as is
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary c View Post
As a member of G35 Driver for 12 years, I believe we try to hold our standards higher than those individuals that drive lesser cars and install fart cannons or 24" tall wheels! Muffler delete or straight pipe all you get is noise, loud ugly noise! One of my favorite things to do is driving on an uncrowded stretch of road, shifting thru the gears and listening to the sweet sound of my HKS exhaust which includes Magnaflow's crossover that blends the pulses from each bank and unobstructed by a pair of Fast Intention HFCs! Want a better sound, buy/install a free flow muffler like Magnaflow or install high flow cats, (or both) just not Berks since they're trash!
Answer to your question, none of the above!
Gary
Guess I went on too long and you didn't get the point I was making when I posted "None of the Above!" And suggested you install a muffler along with HFCs if you really enjoy the sound our VQ motors are capable of.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:07 AM
I'm guessing you're on a budget if you're thinking about muffler deletes. If you are, you can find full stainless HKS replica exhaust systems for around $250 on Ebay. They're loud for a muffler, and have a lot of drone, but are quieter and sound much better than a straight pipe/muffler delete (they are the same thing). The also look badass from the rear which is a nice plus.

I have HKS reps on my car right now and love the noise they make, but when I'm driving around with people I start to realize my exhaust is too annoyingly loud for a "passenger car"

I'm planning on adding a Magnaflow X pipe ($150 installed) to replace the crap Ebay resonators, which hopefully will quiet the exhaust down enough so I can have a conversation with my girlfriend when I'm going up a hill or accelerating normally off a stoplight!

Go watch some YouTube videos of G35 exhaust, and try and imagine what each exhaust would be like after living with it every day for a year...

Last edited by cswlightning; 12-06-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:16 PM
Do a resonator delete and put an aftermarket muffler on it. A magnaflow muffler is like $150. Don't be driving around like a d-bag.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:30 AM
SLICK
Quote:
Originally Posted by cswlightning View Post
Go watch some YouTube videos of G35 exhaust, and try and imagine what each exhaust would be like after living with it every day for a year...
Issue with watching vids on exhaust systems, they're only as good as the WallyWorld recorders used to record them! You should install a muffler of some quality so you're not driving around making fugly noise! Anyone looking to buy a complete exhaust system should attend a Nissan/Infiniti meet and hear other members systems in person, not on You-Tube!
Gary