G35 iPod Touch 4th Gen cable - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • G35 iPod Touch 4th Gen cable

G35 iPod Touch 4th Gen cable

Old 01-25-2011, 11:24 AM
G35 iPod Touch 4th Gen cable

I just bought a 2008 G35 w/ipod connect capability. All playback/display works well except the ipod Touch 4th gen will not charge. I know another updated cable might be avilable but can't seem to sort through the maze of info to find it. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-25-2011, 03:42 PM
I have the latest ipod touch and picked up a cable from BestBuy that charges. I think it has the component connections plus a usb cable that I then plug into a usb cigarette charger. I don't remember the name of the cable, but if it's on the cable when I get to my car I'll try and post an update.

It's a very bulky cable, takes up nearly the entire center console, and isn't very flexible. But, it works so much better than an FM transmitter.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfos View Post
I have the latest ipod touch and picked up a cable from BestBuy that charges. I think it has the component connections plus a usb cable that I then plug into a usb cigarette charger. I don't remember the name of the cable, but if it's on the cable when I get to my car I'll try and post an update.

It's a very bulky cable, takes up nearly the entire center console, and isn't very flexible. But, it works so much better than an FM transmitter.
That's not what he wants.. He has factory integrated Ipod control which means he can control his Ipod through the steering wheel controls and OEM screen. The cable you bought just send the audio through the aux input. Also its composite, not component..
Old 01-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoop425 View Post
That's not what he wants.. He has factory integrated Ipod control which means he can control his Ipod through the steering wheel controls and OEM screen. The cable you bought just send the audio through the aux input. Also its composite, not component..
Oh, was that integration new in 2008?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfos View Post
Oh, was that integration new in 2008?
only for premium package, not base stereo
Old 01-26-2011, 11:06 AM
That is correct. I have the intergted system (Premium Pac) with the upgraded sound system. The cable that came with it provides all the capabilities EXCEPT will not charge the iPod Touch. The G35 cable issued with the 2008 G35 was fine until Apple decided to change charging rate for the iPod Touch and iPhone with its 4th gen release last year.

Does anyone know of an updated cable from Infiniti or other source?
Old 01-26-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm not sure but I think you need one of these. (or get an older iPod )

I think Walmart and other stores sell them too.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:22 PM
$25 to charge your phone??

i love their products but i hate apple's money grubbing ways...
Old 02-10-2011, 12:03 AM
so if i have a 4th gen ipod touch and hook one of these up to it while using the factory integration system it will keep my ipod charged....i may have to get one of these, sounds better than going with a piggy back typed set up like the harmon and kardon or the Alpine eX-10
Old 02-10-2011, 11:11 AM
The scosche passport works with my iPhone 4 and older 3G- it's a big and slightly cumbersome add-on ( considering it only switches a couple wires around), but it charges and allows full use of the integrated iPod controls.

I picked mine up from amazon, think it was under $20.

Last edited by Qwiksand; 02-10-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:01 PM
i think i bought a brandmotion for $29.99 that charges and plays, it connects to the one that came with the car, so it's 6" for the original cable, and then you plug in this additional 6" roughly. So it works good, and you can bring it out to your lap if need be to look up a phone number without having to stop charging or listening to music.

pm me if you still haven't found something.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwiksand View Post
The scosche passport works with my iPhone 4 and older 3G- it's a big and slightly cumbersome add-on ( considering it only switches a couple wires around), but it charges and allows full use of the integrated iPod controls.

I picked mine up from amazon, think it was under $20.
Thank you for posting up. Just ordered mine at amazon.com for $18.00
. I recently upgraded to a 32gb 3rd gen itouch for my 2008 G35 sedan and found out the hard way about it not charging.

I'll post up how it goes once it is delievered.

Okay, good news I got the Scosche linked above and it works great (now my itouch 3rd gen 32 gb charges when the car is on) for my 2008 sedan with premium package. One note however ... when I first opened it I tried it on my OLD computer usp apple charger/connector cable and it did NOT work. Doesn't matter to me, I leave my ipod touch in the car anyway except when I want to update my sync.

Last edited by KC23; 05-20-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: to let people know how the Scosche adapter works
Old 05-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC23 View Post
Thank you for posting up. Just ordered mine at amazon.com for $18.00 . I recently upgraded to a 32gb 3rd gen itouch for my 2008 G35 sedan and found out the hard way about it not charging.

I'll post up how it goes once it is delievered.
I got this a few weeks ago. It works just fine but it adds so much bulk that the phone barely fits in the center console.....
Old 05-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevins View Post
I got this a few weeks ago. It works just fine but it adds so much bulk that the phone barely fits in the center console.....
I run the cable outside the center console down the drivers side between the drivers seat and the console out of sight. I have black interior so its nearly invisible unless you're looking for it. It's a little tight to get console lid shut, but it works well. This also allows me to access the itouch without having to open the console, but I typically don't need to do that because you can do all you need with the premium package controls on the dash/steering wheel. However, if it was an iphone it would be a lot bigger advantage so I would consider my method if you are an iphone user.

Last edited by KC23; 05-20-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:50 AM
What you need is this to charge.

I got the 2 foot version of this so I could text, drive, charge, and play my iPod.

They are a little pricey, but I have an otterbox case and they can both plug into it. The fit and finish is great, as is the customer service (answering questions). Plus they tols me that if I don't like their product or how it works, I have 30 days to return it for a full refund.