Cost and Life of 3M Clear Bra ? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Cost and Life of 3M Clear Bra ?

Cost and Life of 3M Clear Bra ?

Old 06-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Cost and Life of 3M Clear Bra ?

Debating whether or not to get clear bra. Appreciate any inputs.

1) what is the typical life of clear bra installs ? when does it start peeling off ?

2) approx. cost of install in the SF Bay area ?

3) how does one remove the clear bra ?

4) any impacts when washing/waxing the car ?

thanks
Old 07-01-2007, 05:18 AM
1. It lasts pretty much forever. It doesn't peel if installed correctly/professionally
2. Expect to pay around $300 ~ $500 to get just the front/hood/bumper covered. If you're in SF I recommend looking at
3. If you want it to come off, you peel from one corner and pull slowly
4. No impacts of washing/waxing at all. You can wash/wax the material just like the paint on your car.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't peel it off without heating it up a little to soften the glue.

I recall someone saying that they decided to remove the 3m tape using this method and basically peeled the paint right off.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:06 PM
just get the cheapest clear bra. Debre will damage it before it starts fading/peeling regardless of the brand. I bought the venture shield, supposedly the best, for $700. It's been 2 months and 3,400 miles and the clear bra is beat up. I took it back to see if they can warranty a part that started to lift and they said it was wear and tear warranty void. In conclusion I would say, who gives a rat's a$$ if they offer you the best warranty in the market. Get the cheapest one.

Last edited by The Punisher; 07-01-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:48 AM
I had the X-pel clear bra put on my last car (Lexus IS300) and when I traded it for the G35 after 5 years, the clearbra still looked great. It had a few nicks here and there from large rocks thrown up by semis, but it was still in really good shape. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't last the life of the car.

I got the x-pel clear bra installed on my G35 for $299. It's the front/bumper kit. I didn't do the rear view mirrors. It was one of the "new car treatment" options I actually opted to do because of how well it worked on my IS.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:03 AM
1) what is the typical life of clear bra installs ? when does it start peeling off ?

***I had the first one for a year or so and no problems. I had to get another installed because of an accident and no probs as well (2+ years and counting). The key is to find a good, reputable installer.***

2) approx. cost of install in the SF Bay area ?

***Expect the good installers to charge somewhere in the $700 dollar range. I've seen and heard of others that charge $400 -$500, and these all look like dog poo. In some cases, I heard of these guys damaging the car or paint.

If you are in the Bay Area, there's only one company I'd recommend. I have yet to see any work better than theirs, especially their custom work. All the Ferrari and Porsche guys use them as well.***

- Premier Protective Films
- Ask for Sam
-

3) how does one remove the clear bra ?

***Not quite sure. Best to ask your clear bra installer. I would think you'd just peel it off.***

4) any impacts when washing/waxing the car ?

***You are supposed to wash and wax the bra as you would the rest of your paint. Just be careful to avoid the edges of the bra so you don't get wax build up.***
Old 07-02-2007, 04:11 PM
^ Premier Got mine done there too. Excellent work. They use Venture Shield and have done plenty of G35s and exotics like gDriven pointed out.

For cleaning just do the regular wash and wax. You can also use a plastic cleaner like Plexus.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:36 AM
Just got mine done today along with the window tinting (a "platinum" grade, lifetime warranty). I bought the 3M Clear Bra kit on ebay for $164 from vendor "ClearDefender" after the tint place (where I've had my last six cars done) said they'd install it for $50 more, so it was a no-brainer.

I would post pics but you can't see anything different (Black Obsidian), so I'll wait for my wheels and tires to be installed first.