Lynnes Infiniti Service - Your opinion? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Lynnes Infiniti Service - Your opinion?

Lynnes Infiniti Service - Your opinion?

Old 04-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Lynnes Infiniti Service - Your opinion?

Lynnes Infiniti in Bloomfield, NJ - I will be bringing my 05x there for its first oil change (1800 miles) soon. Anyone had their cars serviced there before? What did you think of their service, facilities, people and quality of work? TIA

Last edited by fullofivy; 04-01-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
I've had my car serviced there a couple of times. They are relatively mod-friendly. Their parking lot is a nightmare. But they have a designated waiting area while they service your car... and leave you the remote! I hate places where you are stuck watching cnn all the time.

But whatever you do, make them promise they will not wash your car!! They take it through an automated car wash down the street. But if you take your car through a car wash, then don't sweat it.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Thanks much afr0puff!
Old 04-02-2005, 10:23 AM
I've never used Lynne's Infiniti. We bought our Subaru from them and I have been only moderately happy with the service. The part of the family across the street may be different, but I don't know.

I always use Douglas in Summit where I have bought my 3 Infinitis (G20 about 1991 and 1999 I30, traded for the G35x). I like their service very much. They are honest and efficient. I have had no mods (sorry!) so can't tell about that. In terms of dealer families, our Taurus was serviced by their Ford site and received very good service.

They are in the process of greatly expanding their service and sales areas (after a fire forced them to move in with the Ford branch, now sold), so the amenities may not be up to snuff yet. Always a free loaner if you schedule in advance, or while-you-wait. Of course if you are in a hurry there is Jiffy Lube (HUMOUR!)
Old 04-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks Andy.

Took my 'X' in this morning in the pouring rain. I had the first oil change and the splash guards installed - took about an hour and a half - not bad. The service bay area is pathetically tight and small. The salesman had told me the dealership will be moving to Wayne.

FYI, for all, the total charge for the oil change was just under $60.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:18 AM
why are these dealer oil changes so much more expensive than chain shops (e.g. pep boys, meineke, etc)?
Old 04-03-2005, 01:36 AM
I've read sad stories here about Jiffy Lube, not the other places. I did have one change on my I30 at Jiffy Lube when it was overdue and I couldn't get to Summit for a while. I think it cost about $30, which is about what the dealer was charging then. As far as I could tell they did an adequate job. No vacuuming, no wash and no loaner car.

My G35x oil change was $40 two months ago at Douglas. The time for your change and splash guards sounds good.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Lynne's good experience

I had my first oil change at Lynne's a few weeks back and had no problems. They even gave a follow up call later in the week to make sure I was happy. Then on top of that they sent me a tin of cookies from some gift basket company. Thats enuff to keep my business. Oh and they we nice enough to follow my instructions of "NO WASH"...No mention was made of my z-tube either.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Glad to hear that. Any cookies left over?
Old 04-04-2005, 03:02 AM
How many mths old is ur G and why do u need to change oil at 1800 miles when the recommended interval is 3750 ( or how many mths ??)

Curious to know why as mine also has 1800 and 1 and half mths old.

Thanks