So SRS light? Means Stealership? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • So SRS light? Means Stealership?

So SRS light? Means Stealership?

Old 12-16-2017, 06:05 PM
So SRS light? Means Stealership?

Hello Everyone,

I have my airbag (SRS) light on. I have tried to reset the light the "key turning" method and the light does not do anything. It stays on the entire time mocking me. I have found one fourm post that stated it was probably the "computer". I dont know what he meant by that. I am most likely gonna take it to the dealership to get repaired becuase airbags are important and what not. I just dont wanna get ****ed by the stealership. If anyone has any information on this please let me know. I basically just wanna go into the dealership with a general idea of what it is they are talking about. I have worked on cars before so you arent talking to a soccer dad. Please help me, I would be much obliged.

Thanks guys
Old 12-16-2017, 08:15 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Yes go to the NISSAN dealership for a diagnostic, they will tell you exactly which component has failed. Likely it's a pressure sensor in the seat which is a common failure point, pay the diagnostic fee for them to tell you what's broken then decide for yourself how to proceed with the repair.
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
sas555 (12-25-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 11:39 PM
Maybe something is just unplugged underneath. Check that too.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:04 PM
Put the SRS system in diagnostic mode to pull the codes. If the code for the seats, you may be able to get a free fix at the stealer, or you can fix it yourself. The connectors on the front seats were included in a TSB but for the 05-06 years only, so the stealer might help you in that case. If it's an 03-04, you may have to pony up some dough. I fixed it myself. Here's how I did it:

http://panoramic-3d.ru/forums/interio...ml#post7105687
Old 12-17-2017, 01:36 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670

SRS section, page 35 ish.

It's a rudimentary way of checking which component is not working correctly but doesn't give you specific B#### codes to determine if the fault is an open/closed/deployed status. I would still get a dealership diagnostic so you knew EXACTLY what was wrong rather than just "this component doesn't work" it could be open, shorted to ground, shorted to power, shorted line-to-line. Only consult-II can tell you that without using a digital multimeter and ringing out everything on the main harness.

Last edited by [email protected]; 12-17-2017 at 01:41 PM.
sas555 (12-25-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 04:43 PM
Hey guys thanks for all your replies. I couldnt get the vechilke into diag. mode so i took it to the dealership. They returned with a part number {K8820CM30A}. They said that they couldnt pull codes and light remained on so the next step is to replace the center onboard computer for the srs. They qouted me a grand for the price of just the part. I figure that I can get it from the junkyard for far cheaper. Does anyone know where this part is located or if there is anything I should know before proceeding? THANKS
Old 12-23-2017, 04:44 PM
Hey guys thanks for all your replies. I couldn't get the vehicle into diag. mode so i took it to the dealership. They returned with a part number {K8820CM30A}. They said that they couldn't pull codes and light remained on so the next step is to replace the center onboard computer for the srs. They quoted me a grand for the price of just the part. I figure that I can get it from the junkyard for far cheaper. Does anyone know where this part is located or if there is anything I should know before proceeding? THANKS
Old 12-23-2017, 05:36 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
If you couldn't get into self diagnosis mode either then yes the Diagnosis Sensor Unit (brains for the SRS) is probably the faulty component. Personally I would eBay one for $100 rather than pay $1k for the dealership to install.

Page 52 of SRS in the factory service manual. As long as you get the correct part number (remove console to verify the number they gave you is the actual number stamped on the unit) then it's just plug and play, no dealership programming required.
sas555 (12-25-2017)
Old 12-25-2017, 12:16 AM
Hey cleric670, Thank you so much for all your help. I have just a few questions on the computer. When I researched the part I noticed that its a suicide part... ie it needs replacing after use. Since most parts on eBay are from salvage vehicles I worry that this may need reprogramming or such since this could be coming from a crashed car? I was going to the junkyard this coming week and was gonna try to pull one out since its 20$ at my local yard. Frankly 100$ doesnt scare me off but I figure taking the part out at a "u pull it" site would be a nice warmup to installing the part on my car. Whats your take on this? Would you axe the junkyard all together?
Old 12-25-2017, 04:23 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Correct it's a single use item, same as airbags and seatbelt pre-tensioners. I have no problem with junkyard vehicles especially if you can look at the car in person. Typically they will warranty the item to actually WORK in the case of SRS equipment. I'd eBay one if it was guaranteed to be free of collisions and the seller had a high rating with a clearly defined return policy.

There isn't any reprogramming for the diagnosis sensor unit, once it has deployed the SRS system it is forever programmed into the system. No way to reset without replacing the ROM is my guess, there is an eBay vendor that does appear to offer this service for $40 for Nissan/Infiniti vehicles, doesn't LOOK sketchy but I'm not familliar with the process so I would contact them for more information before going using their service.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the BOLTS (especially the ground bolt, it has a sort-of-green anti-corrosion coating on it) are NOT reusable. Buy new bolts from the dealership.