Car won't accelerate - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Car won't accelerate

Car won't accelerate

Old 12-13-2017, 07:34 PM
Car won't accelerate

Hello to all. I have a 2003 G35 sedan. Yesterday as I was driving I noticed the car wasn't accelerating properly. Rpm was reving but it wasn't passing 60 then it did but was coming and going sort of. Then I parked and when I went to leave it wouldn't reverse. Car is running and reving but wouldn't reverse. I pushed it out and then it drove forward but after 2 minutes it wouldn't accelerate at all. Had to pull over and push it off to the side.

My mechanic looked at it today and said the tranny fluid is fine... My alternator is bad (which is why the battery is dead now even tho I got a brand new on on Monday of this week) he said it's strange that it won't move though. Said it's possible the alternator isn't giving it the power needed to move and it would be sort of strange if the tranny and alternator went at the same time. I haven't experience any signs that the tranny is going either. What do you guys think? Ever heard of such a scenario? He said try and switch the alternator if that doesn't work it's something with the transmission.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:15 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
I think your mechanic makes a valid point. Remember these newer cars are entirely computer driven, if you have an electrical problem then it's going to affect the computers as well...
Old 12-16-2017, 05:49 PM
Premier Member
I had to give a jump start to my son's '95 Accord several years ago, after it started, he noticed the radio no longer worked. Fuse was good, nothing in jumping a car should have affected it. A few weeks later he needed another jump start so we went ahead and replaced the battery. With a new battery, the radio was working again. Go figure.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
G35 2007 won’t accelerate Madoc2 General Media Share 1 09-27-2017 12:53 PM
2007 Sedan Won't Accelerate Past 1500 RPMs with Driverside Rear O2 Sensor Attached jlk001 G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 4 04-26-2017 09:15 AM
leanlikeacello Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction 8 08-26-2012 08:24 PM
G35 won't accelerate!!!! 03XG35 G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 28 05-31-2011 03:58 AM
car won't move or accelerate theskipps Drivetrain 11 10-27-2005 10:29 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: