Help I知 leaking engine coolant and oil 2004 g35x - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Help I知 leaking engine coolant and oil 2004 g35x

Help I知 leaking engine coolant and oil 2004 g35x

Old 11-27-2017, 08:31 AM
Help I知 leaking engine coolant and oil 2004 g35x

I知 leaking engine coolant
I知 leaking oil
Engine coolant from somewhere
Old 12-01-2017, 07:29 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
The first step is to thoroughly CLEAN EVERYTHING, then get an inspection mirror (little mirror on a telescoping stick) and a good flashlight and start looking around for the leak.

Most times you need the engine running to make it leak, don't let the accessory belt eat your inspection mirror
Old 12-03-2017, 01:12 AM
Has your lower oil pan ever been removed?

I'd also check out your oil cooler gasket. It's behind where the filter screws on and you need a 22MM socket if I remember correctly. It's like a 10 dollar o-ring at the dealer and you can change it in like 20 minutes. They are known to go bad.

For the coolant you can rent a pressure tester and stick it on the system to see where it might be leaking from. They also sell UV dye you can put in your oil and then check with a light to see where it's leaking from.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:21 AM
still leaking ENGINE COOLANT UGH!!!

Well I changed out the o-ring for oil cooler totally stopped the leaking.... but my engine coolant is still leaking! However I did get under the car and look to see what was going on This is the water pump cover it looks wet too me I did recently get a new water pump install and was told about the broken bolt in the block ( where it seems to be leaking coolant from) I also noticed that the car isn稚 blowing heat anymore....this car is really giving me the blues ughhhhhhhh
This is where engine coolant is leaking from left side coolant water pipe
This is where engine coolant is leaking from left side coolant water pipe The bolt has broken off inside the block so I need to get the bolt extracted from the black and replace the gasket and bolt and this leak from the side of the engine should stop

Another pic as u can see no bolt it痴 leaking from that hole
I did change out the thermostat and replace the gasket!
Old 12-17-2017, 12:33 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
So a mechanic gave the vehicle back to you in that condition?! Bolt extractors aren't exactly rocket science and if you do manage to mangle the thing just drill and tap it out to the next larger size +2mm OR find another location right next to where the flange is missing the bolt and drill/tap another external hole so you can add something to clamp that flange.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:53 AM
Well long story short I paid 1000$ for the body I had to put a engine in it because Previous owner locked the engine up due to lack of oil ... I believe when the engine was replaced they broke the screw off in the block and didn稚 tell me🤬... but cool I hope the job goes smooth while doing this extract... I hope this solves my problem !
Old 12-19-2017, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
So a mechanic gave the vehicle back to you in that condition?! Bolt extractors aren't exactly rocket science and if you do manage to mangle the thing just drill and tap it out to the next larger size +2mm OR find another location right next to where the flange is missing the bolt and drill/tap another external hole so you can add something to clamp that flange.

okay so I got up yesterday morning took the car to a shop where they could extract the bolt they went from 40$ to 1200$ so my boyfriend was with me yesterday and he was like let痴 go to a car shop he goes to all the time so we get up there I tell the guy what the car needs he said to me how do u know that a bolt is broken off in there I told him that痴 what was told to me and he asked me well do u have a bolt that fit it I was like yes gave it to him he put the bolt in and tighten it up so basically the car never had a broken bolt it was just missing the bolt on the lower water pipe so now the car drives likes it brand you no more running hot or leaking of the engine coolant... they cleaned off the engine coolant to make sure it was not leaking anymore they top off the engine coolant oh and now my heat is back working in the car also YES!! So in the morning I知 still going to check and see if I see any leaks just to make sure!! They charged me $10 from screwing in the bolt and $40 to top off the engine coolant all in all it took about 1 hour and 45 minutes job!
Old 12-19-2017, 04:18 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Awesome glad that all worked out for you. Make sure to leave a Google review of both shops so other folks know who is overcharging and who takes care of their customers.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: