Duplicolor Shadow Chrome Kit - Page 2 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Duplicolor Shadow Chrome Kit

Duplicolor Shadow Chrome Kit

Old 05-31-2010, 08:55 PM
In for pics. Looks like somethin I could use. Maybe I'll do my emblemless again myself.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:47 PM
I work Home Depot so we only have 2 days that the store is closed. I unfortunately had to work today so I don't have time to post pics. I'm off tomorrow though so I'll snap some quick shots.

I tried to use it & I'm pretty disappointed with it. All the shadow chrome kit does is it uses a light smoke tint to spray over chrome & it includes the clear coat also. I think the paint doesn't give the black chrome look that most people are looking for. I also found that this paint sputtered a lot & it did spray as even as other spray paints when I tested it on an old emblem.

I seriously think that the duplicolor metalcast smoke color looks better than this. I used the metalcast paint to paint my interior door pulls, center shifter cover, double din kit & also my window trim.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyasngirl View Post
I work Home Depot so we only have 2 days that the store is closed. I unfortunately had to work today so I don't have time to post pics. I'm off tomorrow though so I'll snap some quick shots.

I tried to use it & I'm pretty disappointed with it. All the shadow chrome kit does is it uses a light smoke tint to spray over chrome & it includes the clear coat also. I think the paint doesn't give the black chrome look that most people are looking for. I also found that this paint sputtered a lot & it did spray as even as other spray paints when I tested it on an old emblem.

I seriously think that the duplicolor metalcast smoke color looks better than this. I used the metalcast paint to paint my interior door pulls, center shifter cover, double din kit & also my window trim.
if it isnt too much to ask could u include pics of the metalcast, i would like to compare.
thank you very much.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
I work Home Depot so we only have 2 days that the store is closed.
Ahh... a fellow Depot'er. I don't work for them any more, but when I did work there, it was impossible to get off of Memorial Day. It was one of our busiest days, it was one of the few days that our store sales broke $200,000. One year we actually called other store's employees to come in...

Anyways, sucks that it didn't turn out good. I was thinking the same thing donpisto was thinking; smoked badgeless grille and then carrying it on to the door handles, window trim, and badges.

Any pics of the metalcast stuff you did?
Old 06-01-2010, 03:48 PM
the best way to get tint is to mix simply a lil thinner and black and spray it as i did my headlights and blow away any one elses spray can form.. hands down best way to go and same goes on chrome. if u want to try something else that works is go to hobby shop and buy tamiya transparent black paint.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCIONMIKE View Post
the best way to get tint is to mix simply a lil thinner and black and spray it as i did my headlights and blow away any one elses spray can form.. hands down best way to go and same goes on chrome. if u want to try something else that works is go to hobby shop and buy tamiya transparent black paint.
Is the tamiya like VHT Nightshades? Pretty much used to smoke tail lights using a spray can?
Old 06-01-2010, 05:21 PM
pics comparing shadow chrome vs metalcast smoke paint

Ok guys I was able to take some pics comparing the duplicolor shadow chrome & the metalcast smoke paint. I apologize ahead of time for the pics not being that great since I have to use my phone to take the pics.

"civic"= metalcast smoke
"dx"= shadow chrome kit

the metalcast smoke color comes out to be darker if you you do more coats like this:

this was when I painted my interior door pulls

*I like the way the metalcast smoke looks more than the shadow chrome, but others may feel different. Hopefully these pics help!

BTW: the tint coat on the shadow chrome kit is pretty much like the headlight & taillight spray tint.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Liking the metalcast best. Hmmm... I was thinking of getting the Vans Mekki Black Chrome color paint spray can from ebay but may have changed my mind.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judono View Post
Liking the metalcast best. Hmmm... I was thinking of getting the Vans Mekki Black Chrome color paint spray can from ebay but may have changed my mind.
I really like how the metalcast smoke looks & thats why I ended up painting a lot of things with that color. One thing you need to know is that the metalcast base coat makes a BIG difference! I didn't use it when I painted my grill so the color looks more flat, but on my interior pieces & window trim I used the base coat. The base coat makes it have the metal specks so it looks better IMO. It is also hard to find this color so it's best to either order it online or have your local auto store order it for you.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:24 PM
You have pics of the grill?

Where in the 626 are you located?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:28 PM
haha levon i was thinking of doing this to my emblemless too. closes thing we can do to get it chome lol
Old 06-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpisto View Post
You have pics of the grill?

Where in the 626 are you located?
I live in San Gabriel. I have a thread in the media section which has the progress of my whole car. I have pics of my grill there along with everything else i've done
Old 06-02-2010, 09:43 PM
VRH Equipped
gonna have to look into that metalcast smoke now, LOL
Old 06-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyasngirl View Post
I live in San Gabriel. I have a thread in the media section which has the progress of my whole car. I have pics of my grill there along with everything else i've done
Just checked it out, looks good. I'm in the 626 as well....Arcadia to be exact. I don't see too many modded G's in the SGV, especially sedans. I think there's only a handful.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:43 PM
i wonder how my oem 19"s would look painted with that metalcast paint