tail light relay ? location/diagnostics help needed - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • tail light relay ? location/diagnostics help needed

tail light relay ? location/diagnostics help needed

Old 11-22-2009, 09:00 AM
tail light relay ? location/diagnostics help needed

I just got my first G35 - an early 2003 model sedan. The miles are low 66,000 and the car is clean. It has spent its entire life in the salty north so I may have crusty connections somewhere. My side and tail lights have only come on once so far that I have seen. This lasted 5 minutes and then they went out ( the key was not on at this time and maybe the lights went into some sort of sleep mode). I am using a coup FSM. I assume the body electrics are the same. Is the fuse and the tail light relay located behind the battery (remove battery to access)? Is this a common G35 problem? If so what is the fix?
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:10 AM
if im reading this right, it just sounds like a wiring issue... huge PITA, you're just going to have to start with the fuse, then if thats good get a meter and start checking wires.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Solved!

As I am new to Infiniti I did not know the fuse and relay for these lights is located under a panel on the fire wall right side next to the battery under 2 removable panels. Once found, troubleshooting was basic. The culprit was a corroded side marker socket causing the fuse to blow when I moved the lighting wires around previously.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:05 PM
makes sense. i'd say you got lucky. a friend of mine had a rat living in the firewall of his 03. not pretty what happened there.... any wiring issues in just about any car would cause me to turn and RUN.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:26 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Welcome to panoramic-3d.ru. PM me and I'll send you a 03 sedan FSM. (I have an 03 as well)
Old 11-23-2009, 12:27 AM
? = 2B || !2B
Oops. Just found this... they're already available here:

http://panoramic-3d.ru/forums/faq-diy...e-manuals.html
Old 12-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Angry Taillight issue

Hey guys, im haveing a similar issue my brakelights come on wen i brake, but at night my taillights wont come on but however they still come on wen i brake. Its not the fuse because i cheked and fuse is brand new. Any ideas?
Old 12-13-2017, 07:12 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,222 Times in 988 Posts
Yes, follow all the instructions listed above in the previous posts. Not sure why you asked when the answers are already here for you. And it's "when" not wen..........
Old 12-13-2017, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
Yes, follow all the instructions listed above in the previous posts. Not sure why you asked when the answers are already here for you. And it's "when" not wen..........
Thank you but when i tap on that link it says 404 not found,
you think you can give me an anwser that will actually help me out?
Old 12-13-2017, 12:52 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Did you replace fuse 71 located in the IPDM (engine bay fuse box next to the battery) it's a 10A fuse, do you have ANY parking lights on the vehicle, license plate, side marker, front parking, rear parking, are they ALL not functional? If you have NOTHING then it's likely the relay which is inside the IPDM and I believe is a non-replaceable type. It's also possible your BCM is going out since it sends the signal to the BCM over the CAN to operate the relay.
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Blue Dream (12-13-2017)