How many quarts of fluid do I need to buy for 60k maintenence? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • How many quarts of fluid do I need to buy for 60k maintenence?


How many quarts of fluid do I need to buy for 60k maintenence?

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-15-2009, 01:59 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2005
location: DB, CA
Posts: 119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How many quarts of fluid do I need to buy for 60k maintenence?

I plan to buy the fluids online, but I'm not sure how many quarts I need of each. This is a 05 G35 auto. Do you guys know how much of each of these fluids do I need? I checked the manual, but doesn't really specify.

Differential oil
automatic transmission fluid
coolant (From the manual it seems like10 quarts are needed?)

My friend will also check the coil packs for the infamous oil leak, so I figure that I might change spark plugs as well. Are stock spark plugs the way to go?

thanks!
Old 07-15-2009, 02:29 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (17)
Join Date: Jun 2006
location: Brooklyn,NY
Posts: 4,841
Thanked 77 Times in 73 Posts
The fluid for the Auto use Nissan J Matic fluid only.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Sep 2002
location: Toronto,Ont Canada
Posts: 2,332
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Check at .....might be some info there for you.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Blue Dream's Avatar
I drove ttrank's car solo
iTrader: (50)
Join Date: Mar 2009
location: By the sea, Tx
Posts: 16,546
Thanked 1,223 Times in 989 Posts
Stock plugs are fine, but if you want to upgrade, check these out. Good price on them, might be cheaper than stock!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (48)
Join Date: Feb 2008
location: Chicago
Posts: 2,286
Thanked 49 Times in 43 Posts
5 qts for the ATF,

2qts for the rear diff

coolant is sold in gallons so 1 gallon should be more then enough for a drain and fill.


stock NGK are the way to go. copper are 20-30k, platinum are 60k. i personally run the copper since they are $2/each and its not that hard to change them, plus you keep a better eye on it.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Swivel's Avatar
Moderator
iTrader: (13)
Join Date: Jan 2007
location: Calgary, AB, CANADA
Posts: 19,676
Thanked 157 Times in 119 Posts
Cooling system can take as many as 9 quarts if you can drain it completely, including the engine block. You can also use for your AT.

More info:

CAPACITIES
Engine, with filter..........5.0 quarts
Cooling System, Initial Fill..........9.2 quarts
Automatic Transmission, RE5R05A Initial Fill..........Not Specified
Automatic Transmission, Total Fill
5 speed RE5R05A..........11.0 quarts
Manual Transmission, ..........6.1 pints
Differential, Rear..........3.0 pints
Old 07-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2005
location: DB, CA
Posts: 119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwivelHips View Post
Cooling system can take as many as 9 quarts if you can drain it completely, including the engine block. You can also use for your AT.

More info:

CAPACITIES
Engine, with filter..........5.0 quarts
Cooling System, Initial Fill..........9.2 quarts
Automatic Transmission, RE5R05A Initial Fill..........Not Specified
Automatic Transmission, Total Fill
5 speed RE5R05A..........11.0 quarts
Manual Transmission, ..........6.1 pints
Differential, Rear..........3.0 pints
Can you tell me where you got that info? TurTLe* posted 5 qts for the ATF, but your info does look more official
Old 07-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Swivel's Avatar
Moderator
iTrader: (13)
Join Date: Jan 2007
location: Calgary, AB, CANADA
Posts: 19,676
Thanked 157 Times in 119 Posts
^^ My Amsoil web site. I'm a dealer.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (48)
Join Date: Feb 2008
location: Chicago
Posts: 2,286
Thanked 49 Times in 43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk3gtr View Post
Can you tell me where you got that info? TurTLe* posted 5 qts for the ATF, but your info does look more official
I posted for DRAIN and FILLS. I should of made it clear. The guy posted specs on how much fluid is actually in the car. You will not get the get all the fluids out without a flush machine.

5qts of ATF and 2 qts of 75w90 is what you need for a drain and fill and thats more on the high side. I needed 4 1/4 ATF and 1 2/4 75w-90 mainly cause i spilled 1/4 trying to pump with on hand hold the bottle and hose in the other. There is 10qts of collant in the WHOLE engine system, in order to remove most of it you need to find all the freeze plugs on the block as well as remove the radaitor. I dont really do it, I just normally buy a gallon of coolant not mixed and make myself 2 gal, i let the radiator drain itself on the bottom and fill the radaitor cap untill i get bored and use up about 1.5qts.


also if you haven't get the pollen filter, take a very good look at the belts as most i've seens start showing cracks now. obviously oil change, and air filter. you mentioned plugs and coolant.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2005
location: DB, CA
Posts: 119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurTLe* View Post
I posted for DRAIN and FILLS. I should of made it clear. The guy posted specs on how much fluid is actually in the car. You will not get the get all the fluids out without a flush machine.

5qts of ATF and 2 qts of 75w90 is what you need for a drain and fill and thats more on the high side. I needed 4 1/4 ATF and 1 2/4 75w-90 mainly cause i spilled 1/4 trying to pump with on hand hold the bottle and hose in the other. There is 10qts of collant in the WHOLE engine system, in order to remove most of it you need to find all the freeze plugs on the block as well as remove the radaitor. I dont really do it, I just normally buy a gallon of coolant not mixed and make myself 2 gal, i let the radiator drain itself on the bottom and fill the radaitor cap untill i get bored and use up about 1.5qts.


also if you haven't get the pollen filter, take a very good look at the belts as most i've seens start showing cracks now. obviously oil change, and air filter. you mentioned plugs and coolant.

Do you know if it matters if Genuine Nissan Synthetic Diff Fluid 75w140 or 75w90 is used? That's the only type carries. I see that the ATF is S Matic instead of J now...
Old 07-15-2009, 11:20 PM
Swivel's Avatar
Moderator
iTrader: (13)
Join Date: Jan 2007
location: Calgary, AB, CANADA
Posts: 19,676
Thanked 157 Times in 119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurTLe* View Post
I posted for DRAIN and FILLS. I should of made it clear. The guy posted specs on how much fluid is actually in the car. You will not get the get all the fluids out without a flush machine.
True, thanks for clarifying for both of us. I would also suggest 75w90 for diff fluid.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: 2005 G35 OEM Accessory part out: Pedals, clear corners, Z-tube, K&N, Headlight bulbs johnadlertech Accessories 6 09-01-2015 09:15 PM
Need advice: brakes are not working right miata007 G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 2 08-17-2015 05:36 PM
Paranoid New Owner of an 03 6MT NemesisGee G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 41 08-11-2015 08:10 PM
Might be getting an 03' Coupe :) Frostbite91 New Members Check In 8 07-27-2015 06:25 AM
Sensor maintenance Guide korfak G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 11 07-20-2015 01:10 PM


Tags
75w140, automatic, coupe, diff, fluid, g35, genuine, my350z, nissan, oil, qts, quart, quarts, synthetic, transmission
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, panoramic-3d.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


mangel wheelswork wheels emotion cr-kaig37 vs 3352005 infiniti g35 dashboardauxiliary radio adapter22 inch staggered rims for salerecaro toplinelexani grillwhere to buy bg44kbg frigi-cleanfuse tap canadian tirekicker 10l7loews rt 1diy electric turbochargerhomemade strut tower bracespyder headlights reviewswindow tint laws in virginiakonig lace2003 srt4noise when braking at low speedwhat causes valve clatterhid d2smustang cobra r wheelspioneer avic d3 bluetoothhow to check for vacuum leaks with smokeproject mu bbk350z prochargercalifornia window tint lawsvolk te37 rimstommy kaira body kitseca blue m3sedan with reclining rear seats04 nissan maxima specsregister xm radioplasti dip gun metal greyintake 350z6mt transmissionvossen wheels gtiborla exbritax boulevard 2008infiniti g35 transmission problemshow to get rid of the low tire pressure lightstreaky car windowsjl cleansweepss brake lines worth it350z injen exhaustbest amp for kicker comp vr 12infiniti g35 tire pressurep0420 nissan murano370z replica wheelsg35 wheel bearing noise350z reflash2006 g35 coupe 0-60decode my vin freeact prolite flywheelchp smog checkpointengine life expectancytorque converter stalloil light comes on when braking hardaftermarket rotorsdiy fiberglass hoodg35 spc camber kitkoyo radiator reviewsynthetic oil autozonestoptech drilled rotorshow to remove deep key scratches from car12000k hid headlightsinfiniti g37 keydrain engine coolante46 330 zhpcost for a brake jobdifference between infiniti and nissanz1motorsports.comvarrstoen reviewsg35 2005 coupe15 inch kicker subwoofermagnaflow 40 series2008 g35skicker l7 15 ported boxeibach pro kit review