OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread - Page 83 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread


OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:10 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: May 2011
location: Longview, TX
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
K&N recommends every 50K miles. I've always followed that schedule with no issues on multiple vehicles over the years. If you live in a super dusty or dirty area might need to be cleaned more often though.
Thank you, I thought i recalled 100k which is why I've yet to touch mine since I put it in, but between you saying 50k and that I now live in an area with bad pollen a few weeks a year I think all signs point towards getting it taken care of this weekend. I am likely at about 50k now.

Do you just use the K&N brand recharge kit or is there something else that is recommended? I will glance around my local auto parts store, but likely get the K&N one, if I recall it is only like $13 or so.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:24 AM
Blue Dream's Avatar
I drove ttrank's car solo
iTrader: (50)
Join Date: Mar 2009
location: By the sea, Tx
Posts: 16,543
Thanked 1,222 Times in 988 Posts
I've always used the K&N kit.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:52 PM
dofu's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (9)
Join Date: Sep 2005
location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 10,810
Thanked 235 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
K&N recommends every 50K miles. I've always followed that schedule with no issues on multiple vehicles over the years. If you live in a super dusty or dirty area might need to be cleaned more often though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTBahgs View Post
Thank you, I thought i recalled 100k which is why I've yet to touch mine since I put it in, but between you saying 50k and that I now live in an area with bad pollen a few weeks a year I think all signs point towards getting it taken care of this weekend. I am likely at about 50k now.

Do you just use the K&N brand recharge kit or is there something else that is recommended? I will glance around my local auto parts store, but likely get the K&N one, if I recall it is only like $13 or so.
Do your motor a favor and check your air filter every once in a while. You can easily see if it needs to be cleaned or replaced. You don't change your brake pads or other wear parts based solely on mileage only, why should your intake filter be any different?
Old 04-01-2017, 10:55 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: May 2011
location: Longview, TX
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dofu View Post
Do your motor a favor and check your air filter every once in a while. You can easily see if it needs to be cleaned or replaced. You don't change your brake pads or other wear parts based solely on mileage only, why should your intake filter be any different?
I've looked through the little slot in the air box thing to see that it isn't just plain brown/black, but never removed all the intake tubes and such to pull the filter out completely and really inspect. I'll be finding out how it looks tomorrow most likely.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:55 AM
Blue Dream's Avatar
I drove ttrank's car solo
iTrader: (50)
Join Date: Mar 2009
location: By the sea, Tx
Posts: 16,543
Thanked 1,222 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dofu View Post
Do your motor a favor and check your air filter every once in a while. You can easily see if it needs to be cleaned or replaced. You don't change your brake pads or other wear parts based solely on mileage only, why should your intake filter be any different?
Who said we didn't inspect the filters regularly? I check mine every time I change the oil.

Easy there big fella.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:13 PM
dofu's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (9)
Join Date: Sep 2005
location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 10,810
Thanked 235 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
What mods do I get to keep up with a customer's Tesla Model S P100D?

Get that Tesla Model S mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
Who said we didn't inspect the filters regularly? I check mine every time I change the oil.

Easy there big fella.
Easy there, not everything is about you.
The Following User Says Thank You to dofu For This Useful Post:
Scottwax (04-05-2017)

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Projector retrofit on 06 g35 sedan Jusseth G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 14 07-17-2016 12:47 AM
Wanting to Buy a G35 (350GT) my events Karnicle G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 1 07-23-2015 06:08 AM
sick_sixspeed G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 1 07-21-2015 02:59 PM
06 G35 Sedan. Want to Mod Tony_Me22 G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 8 07-17-2015 07:30 PM


Tags
07, 11hp, 2004, 38, cat, g35, infiniti, mod, mods, powerlab, pty, revup, sedan, spacer, tube
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, panoramic-3d.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


2002 kia rio alternator replacementlight tint filmsan antonio wheel repairyakima king joe bike racksteering wheel fluid costavic f90bt manuallow compression cylinder 4z1 hfcsticker bomb dashwork rezax iimustang awd dynodipyourcar commodular forged wheelsrx8 brake rotorsjim coleman infinitiwtw wheels miamillumar air 80 windshieldchikara rimshow to fix broken rear view mirrorexhaust flamethrower kitvin equipment lookupaftermarket halo headlightsdei remote startervmr v710 19metra radio wiring harnesshydra brakes8th gen civic si for salestealthbox jlwork wheels vs-xxpioneer x940btis your car totaled if the airbags deploy2006 m35 sportmrr wheels canadatorque settings for lug nutsescort 8500varstone wheelswhat means tbsg37 lowering springshow to adjust sway baroptima battery 35robbinsrepairablesfalken st115earls hosesinfinite baffle subwoofer 8rent fender roller2006 scion fr sinstalling subs and ampls1 g352003 nissan 350z oil capacity350z engine specshawaii forums classifieds6.5 subwoofer speakercheap rear shockssouthern comfort gmc sierraspl pro suspensionturbonetics rebuildprepping wheels for paintjdm driver badgeplasti dip gold metalizer wheelsbose car audio repair2002 saleen mustang specs2008 infiniti g35x reviewmuffler pipe repair sleevepioneer avh-x3500bhs backup cameragrinding front brakeswalmart headlights automotivesacramento wheel repairinfiniti g25 wikirockford fosgate punch p200 2nismo clutch kithow to test accelerator pedal position sensorinfiniti cell phoneinfiniti richmond bcwhat is the ticking sound in my enginenew brakes still squeaking