'03 G35 sedan breaks still squeak after being replaced? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • '03 G35 sedan breaks still squeak after being replaced?

'03 G35 sedan breaks still squeak after being replaced?

Old 10-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Question '03 G35 sedan breaks still squeak after being replaced?

First off, let me apologize if I sound ignorant! I am just a chick who loves my G35, but am feeling like I was just taken advantage of by my dealer's Service Dept.

I've got approximately 48K on my 2003 G35 sedan. Several months ago my breaks started squeaking. So they replaced the front break pads and rotors, and possibly something else, I don't know a lot about this and I don't have my receipt in from of me from June. Breaks still squeaked.

Skip forward to yesterday, I take my car in again with the squeaky breaks, and now the rear stuff needs to be replaced. They replaced the rear pads and resurfaced rear rotors. And then flushed the brake system. (Anyone interested in knowing the costs for these....if so, I will post, but I just didn't want to bore you!)

My brakes still squeak, not as bad as before though. I called my service guy about 5 minutes after I left the service dept yesterday and he says that the G breaks are soft and they do squeak. Especially when the car is cold or it is cold outside. (I live in Texas, it doesn't get cold here! ) I drove the car around for almost an hour and still the same results. They do not squeak when I first hit the breaks. If I am in stop and go traffic and I am stopped, I let off pressure on the brakes just a little bit to roll forward. When I press them all the way in slowly to stop, it make a high pitched squeal and then a lower sound, almost as if something is grinding.

DOES THIS SOUND RIGHT??? Or is this guy just feeding me crap??? I appreciate the feedback!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:18 AM
wondering the same thing. Just had my brakes resurfaced, and new pads, and mine don't squeek but my girlfriends G do for some reason. Really only at low speeds like sitting in traffic. It was 42* here this am. A little chilly
Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 AM
they make products that quiet your rotors and pads. try a search of "disk brake quiet" or something like that. When I got my front brakes replaced I had the same problem but after driving it for about 2 weeks the noise went away
Old 10-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by txag94
First off, let me apologize if I sound ignorant! I am just a chick who loves my G35, but am feeling like I was just taken advantage of by my dealer's Service Dept.

I've got approximately 48K on my 2003 G35 sedan. Several months ago my breaks started squeaking. So they replaced the front break pads and rotors, and possibly something else, I don't know a lot about this and I don't have my receipt in from of me from June. Breaks still squeaked.

Skip forward to yesterday, I take my car in again with the squeaky breaks, and now the rear stuff needs to be replaced. They replaced the rear pads and resurfaced rear rotors. And then flushed the brake system. (Anyone interested in knowing the costs for these....if so, I will post, but I just didn't want to bore you!)

My brakes still squeak, not as bad as before though. I called my service guy about 5 minutes after I left the service dept yesterday and he says that the G breaks are soft and they do squeak. Especially when the car is cold or it is cold outside. (I live in Texas, it doesn't get cold here! ) I drove the car around for almost an hour and still the same results. They do not squeak when I first hit the breaks. If I am in stop and go traffic and I am stopped, I let off pressure on the brakes just a little bit to roll forward. When I press them all the way in slowly to stop, it make a high pitched squeal and then a lower sound, almost as if something is grinding.

DOES THIS SOUND RIGHT??? Or is this guy just feeding me crap??? I appreciate the feedback!
I would check the receipt to make sure there is an Infiniti part number for the pads, to make sure they are not using a cheaper alternative. I know Nissan carries a "value" line of pads that are known for squeeling compared to the higher model oem pads. Did you go through the process of bedding in the new pads? There is also anti-squeal which should have been applied to back of the pads. I would make sure they used it.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:29 PM
There is a part number on my receipt. I just googled it and saw where it appears to be a Nissan part and that they charged me double what I could have bought it for online! But is isn't as if I could have done anything with it if I had bought it online. LOL Is there a different break pad part number for an Infiniti? He didn't give me an option when he told me they needed replacing. (And I didn't know to ask)

And I don't see any documentation of anti-squeal that was applied. I would think that would be noted. I will check into that!

No, I didn't do the bedding...I didn't even know I was suppose to. My mistake.

68_GT - exactly when I notice it too...stuck in traffic!

Last edited by txag94; 10-25-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:38 PM
as I see it you have 2 options

live with it as it probably wont harm anyting other than just being ocassionally annoying.

or go back and complain to a manager. Tell them squeeking brakes is not "normal" and you're leaving them the car, and don't want it back until it's fixed correctly.

If you're willing to deal with the hassel I'd do # 2 and complain all the way to the top following thier chain of command until you get to someone who doesn't want their higer up to hear about it. Who ever that is will get ya fixed up
Old 10-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Former panoramic-3d.ru Vendor
unfortunately this is another case of service dept/mgr's feeding someone a line of sh*t. If the brakes were installed properly and oem parts were used, then they should NOT squeal, period. I would be in there everyday until they fixed the problem. I know you are female, but something like changing brakes can be done by yourself with proper instruction. This keeps you from getting ripped off in the future. Thats why I refuse to take my car to any stealership, unless its the last resort and something needs to be fixed under warranty. Good luck!
Old 10-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid_DET
unfortunately this is another case of service dept/mgr's feeding someone a line of sh*t. If the brakes were installed properly and oem parts were used, then they should NOT squeal, period. I would be in there everyday until they fixed the problem. I know you are female, but something like changing brakes can be done by yourself with proper instruction. This keeps you from getting ripped off in the future. Thats why I refuse to take my car to any stealership, unless its the last resort and something needs to be fixed under warranty. Good luck!
not really.. the G35 brakes have a squealing problem from the factory..
it's pretty normal.. although mine doesn't squeal except when it's cold..
Old 10-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Squeaky brakes is not normal, especially brand new. Mine only squeaked when it was time to replace them. I then replaced them with all new aftermarket pads/rotors all the way around, installed at an NTB that my cousin works at (all pads + rotors + installation = $500), and they never made any noise whatsoever. So....If a 19-year-old at an NTB can change brakes correctly, no reason why a dealership service tech couldn't. Don't buy the weather excuse--Mine have been through hot, cold, rain, snow....never squealed at all.... good luck...
Old 10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
'03 G35 sedan breaks still squeak after being replaced?

I just got off the phone with the Infinity service dept here in Cleveland, OH.

I am doing my own this weekend and needed the parts now.

He said most of the noise problems they have heard of resulted from not replacing the hardware kits when doing a pad replacement. This came up because when he was pricing it out I let him know that the hardware kit was a little $$$ at 37.00$. He said they will not do a brake job without replacing the hardware for the sole purpose of noise from the brakes on these cars.

I also asked if they only use Nissan parts because someone on one of these forums said some stealers are using the cheap crap like you get at Autozone. He said in their particular case that they get called on constantly by salespeople to use them but as of right now the owner will not use anything but Nissan parts.

I would start by asking to make sure you are getting what you payed for in the first place.

just an fyi...
Old 10-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Former panoramic-3d.ru Vendor
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedaddy1
not really.. the G35 brakes have a squealing problem from the factory..
it's pretty normal.. although mine doesn't squeal except when it's cold..
mine never squealed and they didn't and don't squeal after I upgraded to the coupe front brakes. If the install is done properly, they shouldn't squeal and if they do, the problem needs to be fixed.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:36 PM
go with hawk pads and some brake quiet gets rid off the sqeak and most of the brake dust! They should fix that problem
Old 10-26-2007, 11:54 PM
I also had my rotors resurfaced and brake pads replaced several weeks ago and now the brakes are squeaky. Before, they only squeaked when I back up. I need to get them checked up again...
Old 10-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvangil
Squeaky brakes is not normal, especially brand new. Mine only squeaked when it was time to replace them. I then replaced them with all new aftermarket pads/rotors all the way around, installed at an NTB that my cousin works at (all pads + rotors + installation = $500), and they never made any noise whatsoever. So....If a 19-year-old at an NTB can change brakes correctly, no reason why a dealership service tech couldn't. Don't buy the weather excuse--Mine have been through hot, cold, rain, snow....never squealed at all.... good luck...
no ****.. u got aftermarket rotors and pads, GENIUS..
Old 10-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedaddy1
no ****.. u got aftermarket rotors and pads, GENIUS..
Hey genius....My original brakes were OEM and did not squeak until it was time to replace them. I think you're the only one on here who says that squeaky brakes is normal from the factory. Apparently someone at the stealership has brainwashed you and convinced you that subpar brakes are "normal". Go ahead and continue to believe that, whatever floats your boat....