What is a reasonable price for dent removal ? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • What is a reasonable price for dent removal ?

What is a reasonable price for dent removal ?

Old 03-16-2006, 12:39 PM
What is a reasonable price for dent removal ?

Going to Dent Wizard in Northern NJ tomorrow to get a door ding removed from the front driver side quarter panel of my coupe...it's about 6 inches forward of the driver side door at the same level where the body-side moldings would normally be. The ding is about the size of a quarter, the paint is not harmed in any way, and it's concave as opposed to sharp(like a chisel).

Just wondering what a fair price for this type of dent is. Also I'm driving up to their shop as opposed to them being mobile and coming down to their 'dealerships' to see me. Not sure if that's considered a bargaining chip cause I know the dealership marks up the price since it's done on their lot (some local dodge delaership)??

I know their starting prices are at $130 and up from there...any idea what a fair price is? SOme other company said it would be about $90, but he only does corporate lots and that's a corporate rate...said he wouldn't be able to get to me for next couple of months.

Any info would be appreciated!
Thx!
Old 03-16-2006, 01:26 PM
i just paid 85 bones for a dime-sized dent on my driver's side door (right under the handle). the dent doctor's guy told me it would have probably been the same cost (or slightly higher) if i would have had a few more dents on the same door. hope this helps as some basis of comparison...
Old 03-16-2006, 01:29 PM
I am actually bringing my car in for a ding on the rear quarter. What do they do to fix. the ding???
Old 03-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Dent Wizard here in MA charged me $100 for the same dent, same location as yours.
I went to their shop in Danvers, their tech there named Jay is a wiz at it.(no pun intended)
Old 03-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GCOUPE6MT
I am actually bringing my car in for a ding on the rear quarter. What do they do to fix. the ding???
It's a process called Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) look it up - it's quite common these days. Unfortunately, there aren't many places in Jersey which do this. The only 2 I know of are the 2 I mentioned above.

Seems as if the $130 or higher they will be charging me is a bit high. Any one else have other price comparisons or places to go?
Old 03-16-2006, 02:10 PM
i have a small dent on the passenger side like a foot behind the door handle
Dent Wizard told me it will cost $200 to have it fix cause they have to remove the whole rear panel on the inside to get to it??

does that sound right??