Rear license plate removal - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Rear license plate removal

Rear license plate removal

Old 01-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Rear license plate removal

Hi. 2006 G35. Screws on license plate turn endlessly. Can't easily reach the nut to hold them as I unscrew. Is there a secret compartment that I can move to get behind the bumper? Can't manage to get my fingers to fit in by the license plate lights.
Might resort to dremel to cut the screws if I can't get to the nut.
Any advice is appreciated.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:22 PM
Premier Member
There is only a mudguard on the muffler, if you remove that you can get to the back of the bolts.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:48 AM
SLICK
Thanked 1,049 Times in 934 Posts
Welcome to the G35 Driver Forums!

My license plate doesn't have any nuts only screws that enter the bracket! Are you sure you're dealing with nuts? Try putting a thin wall screwdriver behind the screws while loosening them applying pressure. NUTS?
Gary
Old 01-14-2018, 03:56 PM
There are "body nuts" Gary, they are held in by plastic. Surprise surprise after corrosion does it's best those break the plastic and spin forever.

I had to remove the bumper OP.
Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM
Yes, it was into the body nut, which set in a plastic clip, on the vinyl frame.
It was rusted, so went out and bought a 45 needle nose, so I could grab it behind the plate. That didn't work.
Found tutorial on removing bumber, but got more complicated than the video on the 2008 that I found. That didn't work.

So, I grinded(ground?) them off with the dremel and pushed them through.
Replaced the body clip with one that does not have a nut.
Thanks for the advice/comments.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Feeler: 2005 White Coupe 6MT nepenthean G35 Cars 0 08-31-2016 02:33 AM
Got rear ended in Traffic inf4m0us The G-Spot 1 06-28-2016 10:33 PM
Alternative Front License Bracket Hooter Interior & Exterior 11 03-22-2003 08:21 AM
pestilence Interior & Exterior 3 11-26-2002 03:02 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: