send lock signal midnight, every night? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • send lock signal midnight, every night?

send lock signal midnight, every night?

Old 01-02-2018, 12:57 AM
send lock signal midnight, every night?

Does anyone know of a way to lock the car automatically every night a certain time?

the car scanner equipment i'm finding on google is far more complex than im hoping i need.

any ideas?

Last edited by apeg; 01-02-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:06 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,222 Times in 988 Posts
In 9 years on here I've never heard of this being possible but now I'm curious. Subd' for more info.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:14 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
I'm sure you can find a single pulse 24hr timer in 5vdc but I'm curious WHY you need this? If it's because you keep forgetting to lock your car doors then just get a delay timer and set it to something like 30min, give it an ignition source (=/=) to start the delay and you're good. Keep a spare key under your car somewhere though
Old 01-02-2018, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
get a delay timer and set it to something like 30min, give it an ignition source (=/=) to start the delay and you're good. Keep a spare key under your car somewhere though
That's exactly my problem, local kids/homeless seem to try every door on the street at night, resulting in me loosing my sunglasses and spare change every few months (when i inevitably forget)

what is a delay timer? can you go into more detail? i looked to see if the car had a native auto lock feature but couldn't find anything?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2018, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeg View Post
Does anyone know of a way to lock the car automatically every night a certain time?

the car scanner equipment i'm finding on google is far more complex than im hoping i need.

any ideas?
I'm sure it can be done but why?

You can google home automation and check out some of those forums.
I have a gateway in my home that raises and lowers my heat and air conditioning and turns lights on and off thru scenes that I create on Micasaverde.

Wouldn't it just be easier to just press the button on the drivers door to lock the vehicle every time you exit and try the door handle before you walk away to make sure the vehicle is locked?

Telcoman
Old 01-02-2018, 08:20 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
It would take me quite a bit of time to come up with a working parts list and then you would need someone competent in auto electronics to do the soldering if you're uncomfortable with it. Honestly you should just find a reputable installer and put in a car alarm, they probably have some kind of unlocked door protection with the newer systems.

You can also retrain yourself to just lock the car every time you walk away. Seems like the easiest method.