2006 G35 coupe 5AT downshift on its own? - Page 2 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • 2006 G35 coupe 5AT downshift on its own?

2006 G35 coupe 5AT downshift on its own?

Old 12-16-2017, 08:24 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Was the burned oil on the spark plug tip inside the combustion chamber or at the opposite end inside the spark plug well for the valve cover?

Did you use the correct spark plugs, NGK PLFR5A-11 ?

Did you properly torque your spark plugs to 18 ft lbs?

Did your mechanic perform an idle air relearn after cleaning the throttle body (mandatory)?

Does your new intake subtract horsepower from the engine?
Old 12-22-2017, 04:40 PM
It has a rough idle/tiny shake only at lights/stopped but rpm is normal and when pushing the car it pushes like it should but the triptronic is still not working downshifting or not even able to shift. Could a vaccume leak cause this??
Old 12-22-2017, 08:41 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
I mean I asked 5 legitimate questions (ok maybe one of them wasn't legitimate) and got zero answers, I have nothing to work with.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:10 AM
Yes I went to the dealership to get the spark plugs, I also had burnt tips I think if I remember, I had my upper and lower gaskets replaced and oil n filter replaced. So now I have added the intake and it shakes a bit in the wheel and the driver seat faintly, when I have the a/c on it idles normal? What could be wrong? The car pushes like it should!
Old 12-26-2017, 02:06 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
I would use a can of MAF cleaner and go around the gaskets that were replaced with the engine running just to make sure it's not sucking air and you have a vacuum leak. Also inspect thoroughly the intake pipe and PCV valve/hoses. Perform the resets located here, especially the idle air reset which it sounds like may be the problem.

If you didn't torque the spark plugs I would remove the coil packs and give them proper torque as well, if it's still not running properly remove each spark plug and inspect, they can tell you a lot about what's going on inside your motor.

Your manumatic shifting could be any number of things but start by inspecting the electrical switch on the shifter itself, remove the console and inspect the ground wire and harness. There's a number of different things that can disable manumatic mode but the most common is the ATF temp sensor inside the AT. If you're unable to diagnose the issue properly then take it to the dealership for a diagnostic.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:35 PM
So I have a mess up metal thingy inside the spark plug tube, it fell out or something in cylinder 4 I had a missfire. This can prevent Triptronic mode? Iím getting it done as we speak and see how the triptronic works?
Old 01-03-2018, 07:00 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
I dont know but it wouldn't surprise me if throwing a service engine code disables the Manu-Matic mode. Glad you were able to find a smoking gun for the misfire though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: