Window motor installed, have some questions. - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Window motor installed, have some questions.

Window motor installed, have some questions.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:32 AM
Window motor installed, have some questions.

I just installed an aftermarket window motor for the driver side on my 2005 coupe. Everything works like normal except when you first open the door the window doesn't roll down that 1/2". It will start doing it after the first opening. Also, if I leave the window open and close the door it will auto roll all the way up. The car has to be off though. Any inputs?
Old 09-18-2017, 01:17 PM
I also installed my window motor for my 04 coupe about 2 days ago and I am also having the same exact issues. Almost shattered my window closing the door the first time because I didnt notice the window didnt roll down that 1/2 inch
Old 09-18-2017, 01:31 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Did you perform the window motor recalibration? Final step of the recal is to push the door switch button in and verify the window goes up/down the required 1/2".
Old 09-18-2017, 06:41 PM
There is no reset button on these aftermarket motors.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:49 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Then you have the wrong motor, it should look like this picture.

The "reset button" is that little black piece in the middle of "the big silver circle piece", it's a rubber dome over the top of the actual reset button. When installing there is a circle missing from the door panel inner cover that is covered by a removable black piece of sticky plastic to allow access to this button once the door inner panel is installed. If you don't do the recalibration steps then the car has no idea what position the window is in and will be unable to properly drop the window or auto-up/down without possibly damaging the window guide since it will rely solely on the guide disconnects to cut power.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Then you have the wrong motor, it should look like this picture.

The "reset button" is that little black piece in the middle of "the big silver circle piece", it's a rubber dome over the top of the actual reset button. When installing there is a circle missing from the door panel inner cover that is covered by a removable black piece of sticky plastic to allow access to this button once the door inner panel is installed. If you don't do the recalibration steps then the car has no idea what position the window is in and will be unable to properly drop the window or auto-up/down without possibly damaging the window guide since it will rely solely on the guide disconnects to cut power.
But it was cheaper!

Why pay a higher price at the dealer parts department and get the correct motor when you can save some money, get the incorrect part and spend hours wondering why it doesn't work right.

Telcoman
Old 09-19-2017, 01:16 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
I used aftermarket Dorman branded motors with no issue, I think he picked up a motor for a sedan on accident.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:23 PM
good call on the Dorman. I picked up this guy and installed it last weekend. It's a little noisier than OEM, but no issues.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:53 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
The Dorman brand are actually rebuilt OEM ones, it's probably "noisier" because it's working at full torque.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: