Seafoam pros/cons - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Seafoam pros/cons

Seafoam pros/cons

Old 03-21-2015, 11:48 PM
Seafoam pros/cons

Hi guys. I'm a new owner and really like my 2004 g35x was wondering about seafoaming Her. She has 96000km on her. I'm about due for an oil change and am wondering if anybody has done this or am I an idiot?
Old 03-22-2015, 02:40 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
I've done it long time ago.

No problems with the G still.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:33 AM
I've done it through the brake booster line twice. First time had a huge amount of smoke, second time not as much. I use the aerosol version, which is nice since you just spray it in the brake booster hose and don't have to worry about pouring it in a hydro locking your motor.

I also run the "regular" Seafoam through the gas every once in a while, seems to work fine.

Never did it in the oil though.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:41 PM
I've done it in my Tacoma before.... wouldn't in my G. I honestly think it's mostly snake oil and wont help with anything except burning up your cats quicker.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyman66 View Post
I've done it in my Tacoma before.... wouldn't in my G. I honestly think it's mostly snake oil and wont help with anything except burning up your cats quicker.
agree. unless you scope your cylinder and see WAY BAD carbon there is little point. Add to that you don't destroy the carbon. you convert it to aerosol form and it all ends up in your cats.

if you have cats that are OEM you could (though only slightly) baf your cats and need new ones (codes).

no performance will be gained using seafoam.

Edit: if you are really concerned about gunk.. your MUCH better off having the intake and throttle cleaned by the NissaN\INFINITY dealership or by a GOOD tuner shop. seafoam won't clean the oil out of the oil channels in the intake .. they are separate. and unless you have a catch can it will have the customary 3-4 table spoons of dripping wet oil back in after 40 miles for hot driving.

Last edited by maxxcool; 03-23-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:46 PM
worked great for me 08 g35x

I bought mine with 60k and after 70k it began to feel sluggish and would hesitate during quick take off. I have always had great success with seafoam so I tried it. I used the aerosol can into the throttle body while reving at 2k rpm (Lots of smoke) then I used maf cleaner and sprayed both maf sensors. I also used gum out in the gas tank. I am happy to report my g35x is peppy again and feels very strong and responds very quickly again!
**Note** you may get a check engine light from the seafoam in the throttle body, this is because the car wants to stall when doing this. No problem at all, after about 5 start ups the cel should shut off. If car runs fine youre good, if not you may need to replace spark plugs. I've done this to every car ive owned with really good results including my escalade.