Problem with key fob after battery replacement. - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Problem with key fob after battery replacement.

Problem with key fob after battery replacement.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Problem with key fob after battery replacement.

Key fob was getting touchy, had to press repeatedly, wouldn't work from long distance etc seeming to be that the battery in the key fob was low. Its easy enough to switch out the battery, bought a new 2025 and tried a 2032 as well. After changing the battery the unit doesn't work, no response from doors/trunk/hazard lights etc. I read several other posts, and no indication of anyone ever needing to reprogram their unit after changing the battery. Yes the battery is installed correctly, and the unit is snug when snapped back together. No indication of wear/damage to internal contacts and its never been exposed to water. The new battery is also properly charged and the old one is definitely dead, I was able to use a gun scope with the same battery type to test the old and new.

Any help or is it dealer time?

2005 G35x Sedan Premium Package.

Thank you.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Bump

Bumping this back up. I am having the exact same issue on an 07 FOB.
Sort of sucks having to use the vallet key for everything.

Dave
Old 12-22-2011, 11:41 AM
I had the same problem.. what I had to do was pry the little metal clips up more to make a better connection with the battery.. What happen was the battery was not making all the connections with each lil metal connector.. Also, the battery moved once it was closed.. Check to make sure the buttons are working properly before snapping it back together
Old 12-22-2011, 02:21 PM
keylessride.com. Just get a new or secondhand remote from them. Remotes are ridiculously easy to program
Old 01-30-2012, 09:11 PM
No idea what happened to fix it. Getting out of the car today I was sitting in the driver seat and bumped the unlock button jockeying my keys around. It caused the door locks to move. Hit the lock and unlock buttons again and its working fine. Thanks everyone who contributed, I was just about to order the replacement.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:31 AM
had this problem with my 08 g35 sedan as well, and after a day of suffering...

*FIXED - my [email protected]$$ put in the battery backwards.
1.opened it up
2.switched battery to correct side
FIXED!

if the key takes time to recognize the car just put it in the slot for the key and your car will start to recognize it.