Help me with Key Scratches (Quixx paint scratch remover) - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Help me with Key Scratches (Quixx paint scratch remover)

Help me with Key Scratches (Quixx paint scratch remover)

Old 05-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Help me with Key Scratches (Quixx paint scratch remover)

Hello g lovers~
I have deep and long key scratches on my g (Desert Platinum color)
So I got the Quixx paint scratch remover js to try to make it less noticeable
And the instruction says since the scratches are deep and can be felt by finger nails, i need to used touch-up pen before i use it.
And then it says wait for at least a week to let it dry

1) What kind of touch-up pen should i use? (pen is not included in the set of quixx paint scratch remover). Any recommendation for touch-up pen?

2)According to the instruction, i need to wait at least a week after i apply the touch up pen. Why does it take so long to move onto next step (using quixx product)

3) Anyone tried quixx on deep scratches before? any tips?

4) How good is doctor color chip products?

is the instructions:

1) clean and dry the area and now apply the base color and the clear coat from the touch up pen to the scratch. It is best not to use the thick brush on the touch up pen, but a thin, fine artist brush size 0 or 1. make sure that you only paint the scratch if at all possible and not the surrounding areas

2)Once the touch up paint has set completely (it is best to wait at least a week), use the wet method to grind down any excess clear coat residue around the filled and painted scratch. Proceed with care and use a sheet of Quixx sandpaper and some water.

These are the first two steps.

Please help me with this
Thank you very much!!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Ignore the bursh it comes with unless it is VERY VERY fine like a needle..

go get a ton of tooth picks..

Fill in the key park with the touch up paint using the tooth picks.

the instruction is right. if you do it right it'll take you a LONG *** TIME but you'll be able to match the color very well and evenly. Only difference is that the keyed line will still be there =( so of caught at the right angle you can still see it because the paint is uneven =( aside from that it'll look good.

Just be take your time and if you have the same kit that im thinking of then yeah it'll look good.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Thank you Klumzyee
After I use the touch-up paint by using the tooth picks, Should i just leave it and wait a week or do something to make it even and then wait a week?

Any touch-up paint pen recommendation please~?
Old 05-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Thank you Klumzyee
After I use the touch-up paint by using the tooth picks, Should i just leave it and wait a week or do something to make it even and then wait a week?

Any touch-up paint pen recommendation please~?
Old 05-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Dr color chip, but its not a pen..
Old 05-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Walshtj/ Yepp i know i think im going to use toothpicks :]
Old 05-09-2011, 09:22 PM
No pen.. ur gona want the jar of touch up paint and use the toothpick.. Im hoping a tooth pick will be fine enough and be gentle..

a proper touch up set (with wet sand paper and everything) should come with a really FINE stick thing not a pen or big brush.

Difference between touch up paint and paint we use to paint is that when touch up paint drys it has a glossy clear coat like finish. This is only true for TOUCH up paint.

You're good to wet/color sand within the week that you do this. Color sand basically means to sand the surface before the paint completely dries.. remember you're going to need polishing compound and a buffer after color sanding. use a REALLY FINE sand paper.. it'll feel like you're sanding your car with printer paper.. thats how fine it is..

if you're confused about any of this please post here or go to your local bodyshop

Oh lastly if your car is full coverage you should call your agent or insurance company and let them know you got key-ed.. some policies give you a free-beee with out counting against your policy.. you may be responsible for your deductible tho.. so again call your insurance..
Old 05-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Well Dr Color Chip actually comes with a little plastic tool that is more durable than a tooth pick.. And get the larger size, you'll start to notice more spots once your actually doing it!
Old 05-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Thank you for the information
Unfortunately I dont have full-coverage plan..
Should i get the touch up paint from online market product? such as doctor color chip, ebay, and etc..
or should i go to dealer and ask for the paint?
Where could i buy the touch-up paint? and Really good polishing compound/ buffer
Old 05-10-2011, 12:32 AM
How did the scratches get there in the first place?

Why dont you just call your insurance company and tell them you got keyed and pay a small deductable and get them to respray your ride?

Im not sure how your insurance in the U.S works but here in Canada they will send an adjuster see the damage and then give you a list of venders to take your car and within max of 10 days you got it back after a deductable of max $500.00. Ive seen guys ket their own car just to get a new paint job.....not somthing I would recommend... Buuuut it works!

Sucks though! I had my car keyed before and its a huge **** off!

Good Luck either way!
Old 05-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Popgoesatire/ Thanks for the info sir
but i do not have the full-coverage yet..
so.. for now with little money
using touch up paint will be the best choice for me :[
Old 05-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eslee1115 View Post
Popgoesatire/ Thanks for the info sir
but i do not have the full-coverage yet..
so.. for now with little money
using touch up paint will be the best choice for me :[
That does suck. I had some scratches on my bumper that were pretty deep and I have always had success with the 3m product. They have a great finishing compound and wet finish.

Just off topic what do you pay a year for basic coverage on your vehicle?
Old 05-10-2011, 01:15 AM
I pay 640 for 6 months
I'm planning to find other insurance company because i'm not satisfied with farmers insurance rn.. They asked me about 2100 bucks for 6months if i do full-coverage
I have clean record over all but age of 20
Old 05-10-2011, 02:56 AM
OMG!!! Thats crazy! How can anyone afford to drive with insurance that high? I thought 1300 a year with full coverage was bad!
Old 05-10-2011, 03:55 AM
really $112 a month for full coverage is too high? go buy a bicycle.