Gravity bleed clutch fluid? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Gravity bleed clutch fluid?

Gravity bleed clutch fluid?

Old 10-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Gravity bleed clutch fluid?

Is it possible to gravity bleed the clutch fluid in the G without getting air bubbles? I know it worked in my old VW but unsure if it works in the G, I'm trying to save myself from an achy leg if possible.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I don't think it will work without pumping the clutch pedal. I recently flushed my clutch and brake lines again using the two man method listed in the service manual. The
Mityvac MVA6832 Clamp-on Auto-refill Kit was a big help. It is too easy to let the reservoir go empty if you don't use a refill kit. I'm also a fan of ATE Super Blue. You know exactly when you have pumped the old fluid out of the system which saves time and fluid. Flushing both the brakes and the clutch took less than one liter combined.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Install Russell Speed Bleeders. Makes bleeding the brakes/clutch a one person job.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovefromnh View Post
Install Russell Speed Bleeders. Makes bleeding the brakes/clutch a one person job.
Yea those work for the brakes but not the clutch, it takes a bit of pumping to get the system back to normal after opening the bleeder.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:59 AM
They have worked fine in my last 5 cars.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
100k service time f22raptor G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 7 03-18-2016 09:50 AM
What are the symptoms of BHG? BradMD_96 Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction 7 10-06-2015 10:31 AM
Complete Clutch Flywheel Kits AL8782 G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 4 10-03-2015 11:26 AM

Tags
bleed, bleeder, bleeding, clutch, fluid, g35, gravity, infiniti, kit, man, manual, method, person, size, speed
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: