CODE: P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (bank 2) - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • CODE: P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (bank 2)

CODE: P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (bank 2)

Old 09-09-2010, 12:28 AM
CODE: P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (bank 2)

Alright so this last weekend i decided to change out my spark plugs to NGK iridium spark plugs. During the install i had gotten my plugs mixed up for cylinders 4 and 6 which me not thinking clearly let the car run for quite a while and also went to autozone to have the codes pulled to figure out which ones i had switched up. now everything is in order except now im throwing the P0430 code?? what could of happened? is it possible my spacer could have a vaccum leak and throw this code? or did something happen with my O2 sensors?

And today after ressetting it twice the CEL comes on after about 10 miles of driving if that could help at all?
also is it ok to clean the oxygen sensor?

Last edited by dcryan90; 09-09-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:16 PM
any ideas i seriously dont want to have to take it in and pay for a diagnosis and have it be so simple...
Old 09-09-2010, 07:53 PM
if u mixed up the wires you were runnig rich and it could be either your cat or your o2 sensor
Old 09-09-2010, 09:10 PM
alright so i went ahead and talked to my mechanic and he said he is 100% sure that the cat is bad which is no biggie considering i was plannin on switching to HFC anyways, but i am probably gonna do the non-fouler trick to get rid of the code to pass emissions until i do get the hfc or possibly test pipes if i change my mind.
would the non fouler help me pass emissions?? or am i wrong?
Old 09-10-2010, 07:50 PM
well i have a 07 coupe and i was running no cats with a 3inch true dual exhaust with no foulers. no cat or any codes. so i would just wait on the foulers till you kno your gonna throw a code with hfcs. installing them is very simple and if you dont need them why get them.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:35 AM
How can you mix up the wires they are bolted into place and only reach far enough. Its not like older cars where you have the plugs down by the headers. Are you sure you gapped the plugs or did you just drop them in?

If the gap is wrong is could be leaning out or making the car run rich. This would overload the sensor especially if rich and could foul it up.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project View Post
How can you mix up the wires they are bolted into place and only reach far enough. Its not like older cars where you have the plugs down by the headers. Are you sure you gapped the plugs or did you just drop them in?

If the gap is wrong is could be leaning out or making the car run rich. This would overload the sensor especially if rich and could foul it up.
plugs were pre gapped and i used the gapper to check them to make sure and yes they were installed properly and well the reason i ran the car for a while was becuase i was confused becuase your right they are all in place but thats is what my mechanic told me, that 4 and 6 were switched and i really dont know how i did it but i did. and now the car runs perfect due to the switch except for the code.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:07 PM
if ur runnin stock cats and that sensor trips after u fixed everything then it is your cat. just put in the HFCs and see how it is then.....u might have to run extenders tho.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:24 PM
If you swapped it back and everything is good except the code have you tried the master reset. May just be the code is in there now. Ask your mechanic if he reset the ecu.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:30 AM
My husband just did the spark plug thing on my "new" 2004 and it's running fine now. However, he may have let it run too long, too. How can running the car just a short while with the wires "crossed" ruin an $1000 cat?! It's been running fine for a few days, and now the code comes on. Help!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Mains View Post
My husband just did the spark plug thing on my "new" 2004 and it's running fine now. However, he may have let it run too long, too. How can running the car just a short while with the wires "crossed" ruin an $1000 cat?! It's been running fine for a few days, and now the code comes on. Help!
Make a separate thread instead of bringing one up from the dead.