Got tint ticket in Miami. What to do?? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Got tint ticket in Miami. What to do??

Got tint ticket in Miami. What to do??

Old 05-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Got tint ticket in Miami. What to do??

I've had my car with limo tints for over 4 years. Never a problem. Then I get a tint ticket 2 weeks ago. I REALLY don't want to get them replaced to lighter ones. What options do I have, and what would you do?

30 days is up this Friday!!
Old 05-03-2010, 04:53 PM
LoL, do? What options do you have? Pfft... pretty simple. If it were me, I would just pay the ticket and leave my windows alone. Or, you peel it off.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:57 PM
This happened to me in MD, but we dont get tickets we get a repair order where the issue has to be taken care of by a certain date. I really didnt have a choice but to remove the tint seems like you will be doing the same.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Move to Anchorage.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:02 PM
wow what a dumb question there's obviously two solutions.

1. You get your tint replaced with lighter ones and save money getting the ticket dropped.

2. You pay the ticket and wait for another one to come sooner or later.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwivelHips View Post
Move to Anchorage.
^What he said.

Like what the members have said, you either peel it off and apply lighter tint, or pay the fine.

I'll never understand people who knowingly tint their car to an illegal percentage and bitch about it they get a ticket. That's the risk you have when you go against the law.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:30 PM
SLICK
Thanked 1,049 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixsc300 View Post
^What he said.
I'll never understand people who knowingly tint their car to an illegal percentage and bitch about it they get a ticket. That's the risk you have when you go against the law.
That's so true isn't this the game we all play with tint, front plates and exhaust? You escape for as long as you can, you may be lucky for years but that one cop comes along and you're "Busted!" No reason to complain or argue, we know what the law is. Coming on DRIVER and bitching will only get you LOL
Gary
Old 05-03-2010, 05:40 PM
I don't know if your state applies but I know some states allow darker tint for medical reasons. You can get a prescription from a doctor for a condition stating that you need it because the extra sunlight without the tints affects your vision. One of my cousins used that in Virginia to get away with it since his older brother is a doctor.

An example is from NCDOT

I am currently in medical school right now otherwise I would help you out by filling a script out for you. If you're eyes are really photosensitive, then this counts as a medical condition where you need tints on your car because of bright light. I thought it was a bunch of bull, but I looked into it and it is true for some states. Check it out in FL.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:43 PM
^I'll check that ish out in Cali!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceguju View Post
I don't know if your state applies but I know some states allow darker tint for medical reasons. You can get a prescription from a doctor for a condition stating that you need it because the extra sunlight without the tints affects your vision. One of my cousins used that in Virginia to get away with it since his older brother is a doctor.

An example is from NCDOT

I am currently in medical school right now otherwise I would help you out by filling a script out for you. If you're eyes are really photosensitive, then this counts as a medical condition where you need tints on your car because of bright light. I thought it was a bunch of bull, but I looked into it and it is true for some states. Check it out in FL.
Wow, so all you need is an unprincipled quack (or quack-in-training) to risk his license by writing you a phony script so you can skirt the law! Who knew it could be so easy?
Old 05-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Quote:

An example is from NCDOT

Are you serious??? As a new med school grad I can't believe you're representing docs in that way. Get the F*ck out of this forum with that b.s. Hey, my friend needs some 'roids...I'll have him give you a call. Oh yeah, and my other friend doesn't really feel like going to work anymore. Can you just fill out a form for him to collect disability? Unbelievable.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:08 PM
....wow...the disproportion of this thread baffles my mind.

OP - fix it or ticket buddy...I'm not sure if your states laws allow you to pay without fixing but that may be an option for you as well...

then you'll pay again if you get caught again.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjquinnIUmed View Post
Are you serious??? As a new med school grad I can't believe you're representing docs in that way. Get the F*ck out of this forum with that b.s. Hey, my friend needs some 'roids...I'll have him give you a call. Oh yeah, and my other friend doesn't really feel like going to work anymore. Can you just fill out a form for him to collect disability? Unbelievable.
So you're saying tints and steroids are on the same level? I don't think tints are hurting anyone's health. You explain to me how tints are hurting anyone's health. Then I would agree that I am wrong. How am I representing doctors in a bad way? You're blowing stuff way out of proportion. Also, where is your professionalism with that language you're using on the forum? THAT is unbelievable. Be professional. I thought they teach you that in medical school but apparently not at yours.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:

An example is from NCDOT

This is very true. A good friend of mine has a BS doctors note that says his eyes are sensitive to sunlight(due to have lasix eye surgery, even though that part isn't on the note) and he uses this as written justification for his 15% tint on his BMW M6. Funny thing is he's a black guy and his complexion is one of the darkest of anyone I know.. so it's a bit comical to see a guy that dark using light sensitivity as justification for getting tints. This must really fly up the a$$es of all the stuck-up white state troopers that pull him over and can't do anything about it. Haha.

By the way, I'm white and I'm not racist... just in case anyone decided to infer something like that from this post.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwivelHips View Post
Wow, so all you need is an unprincipled quack (or quack-in-training) to risk his license by writing you a phony script so you can skirt the law! Who knew it could be so easy?
I think his thread also states "if your eyes are really photosensitive then it counts as a medical condition". Not sure if that is what he was saying why he would do it or if that was just a statement.

Either way, a false script is a violation regardless of what it is for.

I do have photo sensitive eyes, but in az the cops leave you alone as even they have tinted windows AFAIK.