P/S reservoir o-ring? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • P/S reservoir o-ring?

P/S reservoir o-ring?

Old 11-25-2017, 12:20 AM
P/S reservoir o-ring?

Hey guys, when I was swapping out my rotors I noticed a moderate drip from my power steering reservoir in the passenger wheel well. Turns out after 160k and 15 years, the reservoir hoses are hard and leaking pretty bad. There's a leak from the top of the reservoir as well, so I ordered both hoses and the cap.

Ordered the OEM cap from a fleabay dealer storefront, and it came sealed in the OEM bagging. When I opened it up, there wasn't any o-ring on the cap, and a call to my usually-unhelpful local dealer (San Jose, CA...three guesses which one) turned up no extraneous part number. I took the old cap off the res, and there's no rubber there either.

So I'm wondering if you guys could check your reservoirs and tell me if there should be a big o-ring around the reservoir neck? There is a groove there. If so, any part numbers would be appreciated, otherwise I'll get a generic o-ring from NAPA. Don't want to buy a $120 reservoir for the damn rubber.

Thanks as usual.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:42 PM
Bump. Anybody? I got the hoses in and have the MaxLife to flush out the system, was hoping to pick up the right o-ring (if there is one).

EDIT: This image http://panoramic-3d.ru/forums/attachm...e-img_0890.jpg

...suggests that there is no o-ring. Just need a confirmation
Old 11-28-2017, 01:43 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,233 Times in 997 Posts
It's been so long since I had the stock reservoir I can't remember if it had one or not. You might want to check the FSM for guidance. There's a link by psedog to one somewhere on here, I just can't remember where.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:27 PM
OK, so it turns out that there really should be an o-ring in that groove around the neck of the reservoir. The best fit turned out to be the largest SAE size carried by NAPA...eliminated my leak. Seems my hoses were good after all...if anybody's interested in a couple brand-new OEM P/S hoses and a cap, feel free to PM me, or I'll stick it up in the classifieds.

Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: